PDA

View Full Version : Truvu 60gal for $50?

djdirte
01-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Like the title says, someone has offered to sell me a truvu 60gallon(black background) for $50. its just a little bit dirty since its sitting in their shed, but was perfectly fine before they emptied it.

is this a good deal? ive never purchased acrylic before, but know theyre definitely expensive

Altum Nut
01-30-2016, 08:38 PM
Even as a sump the acrylic construction alone is a deal. Another thing to you may consider is the black background which is not removable and not really recommended for discus as it may promote peppering in certain strains.
However someone may chime in where dark backgrounds have worked for them.

...Ralph

SNap0283
01-30-2016, 09:11 PM
I wonder how albino's do in a black background? I imagine the colors would pop? Off topic sorry, but id buy a 60 gallon anything for $50 even if it only ends up an ageing barrel its a deal.

djdirte
01-30-2016, 09:19 PM
ok, looks like im just gonna grab it anyways. I suppose ill probably just paint the bottom white, n hope that it offsets the black background. I plan on growing out some juvies in it bare bottom, n eventually add a thin white sand layer n plants later once they're grown.

rickztahone
02-01-2016, 03:53 PM
ok, looks like im just gonna grab it anyways. I suppose ill probably just paint the bottom white, n hope that it offsets the black background. I plan on growing out some juvies in it bare bottom, n eventually add a thin white sand layer n plants later once they're grown.

Many claim that the bottom is far more important than the background. Not sure of the validity of that statement, but it is far better than an all black tank. Good luck, and I would take that deal any day. If nothing else, you can turn it in to a sump.