PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of eggs

HappyFace
02-05-2016, 11:40 PM
I have a mismatched pair in my community tank, A blue diamond x red pidgeon panda. I don't want to breed and if I did the the babies would be ugly and peppered.

The pair are pretty laid back when they don't have eggs to guard but after they spawn Dad bullies everyone including his wife Penny then on day 2 he eats his babies one by one after they hatch. Penny tries so hard to stand up to him and save her babies but he bangs her away and bites her. 2-4 days later they spawn again and the cycle repeats itself. He's done this once with his first mate now 3 times after he chose a different female.

I really don't like the spousal abuse and tank dynamics when they have eggs or the fact that he eats the babies. I don't mind egg eating but baby eating is gross. Do you think it would be ok to scrape the eggs off and toss them whenever their pair breed? Has anyone else ever done this?

Keith Perkins
02-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Sure, it's no big deal at all. My preferred method is to just knock them loose with my siphon and straight down the drain.

HappyFace
02-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Thank you Keith.