PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find corner overflow plate?

dagray
02-23-2016, 12:11 PM
I am looking for the plate used in an internal corner overflow to add as a tank divider in my 75 gallon tank.

My plan is to drill some holes at the bottom and middle of the plate, and on the backside of the plate install some 1/16th inch mesh (plastic or hardware cloth) and use this to isolate the intake from a Fluval FX6 canister so that I can have the full volume of flow without sucking up fish fry.

When I look up corner overflow kits I find the plumbing, but not the plate. I could also achieve my goal if someone makes a mesh corner tank divider that would allow me to keep the intake isolated from the plants and fish in the tank. this is a tank that is up and running so I figure find the piece, drain 1/2 the water, move some substrate so that I am looking at the glass bottom, and then install the plate and fill the tank.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DJW
02-23-2016, 01:32 PM
You might accomplish this with a piece of thin acrylic sheet from the hardware store, cut to about 9"x19" and placed in the corner of the tank so that it forms a triangular space for the intake. It wouldn't need to be thick like an overflow wall because there would be almost no pressure difference. The sheets are easy to cut if you have a band saw.

dagray
02-23-2016, 01:54 PM
I was thinking I could go with a flat piece and wedge it into the corner. Drill some 1/4 or 1/2 inch holes in it and then silicone some mesh to the backside.