PDA

View Full Version : HELLO and Welcome to COSMO'S WORLD

Cosmo
02-23-2016, 06:12 PM
Well, just got this up and running, and am in the middle of a WC right now so can't write too much, but.... more to come soon :)

Would just like to add don't forget to watch Chicago Fire tonight on NBC 9PM Chicago Time, check your local listings lol The guy complaining about the traffic lights will be me :p

catch ya soon :)

rickztahone
02-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Cool Jim. Nice digs here at Cosmo's World! I think I asked you this before, but is Chicago Fire on Hulu?

Cosmo
02-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Cool Jim. Nice digs here at Cosmo's World! I think I asked you this before, but is Chicago Fire on Hulu?

Thanks man, kind of like having an online man cave lol My wife claims I have three in our house, and to be honest, I kind of do but only because two of them are unused spaces right now :p I googled Chicago Fire on Hulu and it appars as though you can but it didn't state whether or not you could get the current one while it's being broadcast. It did say to watch soon though cause you couldn't go back too far. Apparently there's a subscription cost but you can do a free trial. And that.. is about the sum of my knowledge on the subject haha

Going to have to spend some time in your digs too and check out the grow out thread :) I always used to buy small Discus cause I loved watching them grow, but this time around I got a mix of adult size and a few 4 inchers. The little guys are so cute.. kind of like kittens lol

Again, thanks for the kind words and for being my very first visitor. I'll catch ya later :) (gotta get dinner ready before the wife gets home :p)

rickztahone
02-23-2016, 07:57 PM
If it is on Hulu it will be on tomorrow. It always airs the next day from the airing date.

Cosmo
02-23-2016, 09:10 PM
If it is on Hulu it will be on tomorrow. It always airs the next day from the airing date.

let me know what you think of the "Elderly Man" (the name of my role on the script lol) AND the name on my dressing room door haha It is a union gig so I had my own dressing room... kewl

LizStreithorst
02-23-2016, 09:55 PM
let me know what you think of the "Elderly Man" (the name of my role on the script lol) AND the name on my dressing room door haha It is a union gig so I had my own dressing room... kewl

Did you actually have a speaking part? They pay way more if you speak. It's a union thing. Please know that the Union will contact you about joining. You don't have to join the union for just an occasional role. I olny know this because my dead husband worked in films for years. I sure wish that I owned a TV or was willing to pay a cent for anything offered over the internet. I'm afraid I will have to miss your debut.

Keith Perkins
02-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Did you actually have a speaking part? They pay way more if you speak. It's a union thing. Please know that the Union will contact you about joining. You don't have to join the union for just an occasional role. I olny know this because my dead husband worked in films for years. I sure wish that I owned a TV or was willing to pay a cent for anything offered over the internet. I'm afraid I will have to miss your debut.

Perhaps not, maybe just a little delayed. Not sure if I can pull it off but I have a plan.

Jack L
02-23-2016, 10:23 PM

Liz, i cut the cord w/ cable too : )

I will see if i can stream it or if on netflix or hulu.

netflix is well worth the monthly fee (IMHO) hulu..not so much

Keith Perkins
02-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Well let's see if this worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orsPxSQAug&feature=youtu.be

Altum Nut
02-24-2016, 01:15 AM
Thanks Keith :thumbsup:

Jim...your part made the show. Your a natural so when is the Red Carpet event.
I was in a back ground shot operating a excavator back-hole and got paid $75.00 in a 12 sec scene years back. Never got invited to the Oscars :(

...Ralph

Rick S
02-24-2016, 10:00 AM
Great job Jim, I guess I should have asked for your autograph on Saturday at Mirandas'.

Rick

brewmaster15
02-24-2016, 10:14 AM
That was pretty darn cool Jim!

thanks Keith!
al

Cosmo
02-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Great job Jim, I guess I should have asked for your autograph on Saturday at Mirandas'.

Rick

Next time Rick lol :p

Cosmo
02-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Thanks Keith :thumbsup:

Jim...your part made the show. Your a natural so when is the Red Carpet event.
I was in a back ground shot operating a excavator back-hole and got paid $75.00 in a 12 sec scene years back. Never got invited to the Oscars :(

...Ralph

lol, my 10 seconds of fame :p Funny, no one has mentioned the Oscars to me yet either??? lol As far as a natural... took a lot of classes and personal coaches to get close to being a natural haha

Jack L
02-25-2016, 08:28 PM
how long has this been going on!

nice :)

I started taking classes about 3 years ago, mainly for theater though, which by the way, pays virtually nothing if anything at all. Then one day one of the beter talent agencies in Chicago invited me in to audition and ended up signing me (they needed someone of my "type"). Started taking on camera classes where acting is entirely different than theater, and started seeing a coach regularly when I started auditioning in late 2014. Did a short student filme where I was Eli the Great (lol), then some corporate training type things and web commercials in 2015. Auditioned numerous times for TV roles but never booked one until now. Long story short, took about 3 years from first class to first time on TV. What happens now? who knows hahahahaha

Sorry I didn't respoind to everyone above, somehow I missed the posts until just now - with a special thanks to Keith :)

rickztahone
02-25-2016, 11:39 PM
lol, my 10 seconds of fame :p Funny, no one has mentioned the Oscars to me yet either??? lol As far as a natural... took a lot of classes and personal coaches to get close to being a natural haha

10 seconds more than I have ever gotten my friend! Great job.

Cosmo
02-26-2016, 12:10 PM
10 seconds more than I have ever gotten my friend! Great job.

Thanks my friend :)