PDA

View Full Version : Pair??

thommo75
02-29-2016, 03:45 AM
Hi,
I'm new to discus after a long break. I have a pair of Penang eruptions that are probably 2-3 years old. I'm unsure of their sexes. About two weeks ago I did a water change and straight after they starting dancing with each other and doing full body shakes towards each other and then started cleaning a piece of driftwood for a few hours. I thought sweet they will lays eggs but nothing. This behaviour has been ongoing for the last few weeks however still no eggs. Can anyone explain their behaviour or what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Neil

Akili
02-29-2016, 07:53 AM
You could have both male or females. Look at the breeding tubes. The female breeding tube tends to be larger and blunt at the tip, while the males are smaller and comes to a point.Usually they can be seen when Discus begin to clean the area.

Second Hand Pat
02-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Neil, how often are you doing water changes?
Pat

thommo75
02-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Will check next time they start cleaning again. Pat, I do water changes three times a week as a minimum.

Akili
02-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Will check next time they start cleaning again. Pat, I do water changes three times a week as a minimum.You might want to up the frequency and the amount of your water changes to see if that encourages them to spawn.