PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Keith Perkins
02-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Here is a graphical view of where folks are coming from for NADA 2016. Updating the map is a manual process but I'll try to get it done daily. If you shout out on this thread you've made hotel reservations it will be a good prompt for me to go out and review the hotel show database and update the map.

You MUST book as part of the NADA group to be sure you get our reduced room rate of $115 for 2 persons per room and be included on the map below. The easiest way to do that is using this link to the NADA show page http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/ or by going directly to the hotel reservation page for the NADA show. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1606206509&key=36E7F357 If you feel you have to call to make your reservation and get anything other than the $115 rate you have not been put in the NADA group.

The hotel reservation link above has been fixed.

As it says below, if your state or province isn't represented, you can fix that!!! Hope to see your marker on the map soon and see you in Lombard at the 2016 NADA show. If you have any questions on how to make a reservation or get a sold out message please contact me before proceeding so we get you in and at the best rate. It could save you over $100 a night!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/Map_zpsanth4otg.gif (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/CozyKeith/media/Map_zpsanth4otg.gif.html)

You can click on the following link to get to an interactive map. https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1868751

yogi
02-29-2016, 07:38 PM
I just want to let everyone know that not everyone who registered for the show has made their hotel reservations yet. We have show registrations from Washington State, British Columbia Canada, Bogota Columbia. Plus I have not made any of the reservations yet for any of the speakers.

korbi_doc
02-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Hi Keith & Jerry, I'm hotel registered, just haven't NADA registered, lol.....now I love your maps...nice touch....Liz streithorst is bunking with me, how do you show that? just add her to my listing....maybe? we both are so looking forward to this event, it should be such fun...I sure hope everyone will join up & get with the fun & fish ed!! It will be educational, & we can always use the expertise of those giants of Discusdom on your speaker list....See y'all soon....

Dottie :bounce2:

Keith Perkins
02-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Hi Keith & Jerry, I'm hotel registered, just haven't NADA registered, lol.....now I love your maps...nice touch....Liz streithorst is bunking with me, how do you show that? just add her to my listing....maybe? we both are so looking forward to this event, it should be such fun...I sure hope everyone will join up & get with the fun & fish ed!! It will be educational, & we can always use the expertise of those giants of Discusdom on your speaker list....See y'all soon....

Dottie :bounce2:

I'll pick that up with my first map update Dot. Hopefully I'll have a few things to add soon. :)

rickztahone
02-29-2016, 10:28 PM
It came out really nice Keith, way to go bud :)

Keith Perkins
03-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Okay Dottie, your roomie's been added.

I tossed in a belated thanks to Ricardo while I was at it.

Second Hand Pat
03-01-2016, 10:28 AM
I for sure will be there. I haven't made my reservations or travel arrangements yet but will soon. Just waiting for a commitment from my pet sitter. :D
Pat

rsawest@yahoo.com
03-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Willie and I will be there!

Keith Perkins
03-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Willie and I will be there!

I noticed Willie was one of the first people to make a hotel reservation. He's serious about getting that drink I owe him.

Jbell
03-02-2016, 02:06 AM
I made reservations and mentioned the NADA show but not sure if I got the discount?

brewmaster15
03-02-2016, 07:05 AM
I guess since I am on the speaker list I will be there! :) Really looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Al

Keith Perkins
03-02-2016, 12:12 PM
I made reservations and mentioned the NADA show but not sure if I got the discount?

Jim - our contract is listed as North American Discus Association and since I don't see you in our report I'm sure unfortunately the reservation folks didn't make the connection between that and NADA. I've talked with our rep this morning and she's going to get NADA added into their system so hopefully you'll be the last to run into this. I'll PM you to get yours sorted out.

Keith Perkins
03-03-2016, 10:32 AM
A marker's been added in North Carolina...looks like magic cones are going to be available at the show. In an unrelated event the number of markers in the Twin Cities has multiplied.

korbi_doc
03-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Ok, thank you Keith, we are both looking forward to this meeting with "baited" breath, lol.......am I in that contract report as well? I don't remember if I saw the $$ quote, gettin' old, lol.......

Jim - our contract is listed as North American Discus Association and since I don't see you in our report I'm sure unfortunately the reservation folks didn't make the connection between that and NADA. I've talked with our rep this morning and she's going to get NADA added into their system so hopefully you'll be the last to run into this. I'll PM you to get yours sorted out.

Keith, you are the best, thank you for all you do!!!! I am very grateful for you & all the crew members who step up & put in many hours to make this work so well.....

Okay Dottie, your roomie's been added.

I tossed in a belated thanks to Ricardo while I was at it.

Dottie

Larry Bugg
03-03-2016, 09:21 PM
This is so awesome, Thanks Keith!!

When Keith shared this with the Show Committee I thought it was a great idea but I really didn't have time to play with it. I didn't realize it was interactive and you could actually see who and where everyone is located. A few months ago I would have been listed just North of the other location shown in Ga. just North of Atlanta but we have a contract on our house and have started changing our address to Hillsboro, Ga in the Middle of the State. So here is another benefit of this map. If you are planning on driving to the Show the trip is much more enjoyable if shared with others. Look at the map and see who will be coming from the same direction as you and reach out to them. Maybe they are looking for someone to share the ride with. This map really makes that easy since you have everyone's name and location.

Larry Bugg
03-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Just looked at the map again.................isn't it interesting how many from the South have already signed up as compared to the rest of the country??

Altum Nut
03-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks Larry for the idea and that's why they pay you the big bucks. Lol
My balloon for Toronto is not posted yet but will soon and my wife is nagging me that she does not want me to drive alone. So as more locations are posted on map options may be open for hitch-hikers.

...Ralph

Keith Perkins
03-03-2016, 10:25 PM
...am I in that contract report as well? I don't remember if I saw the $$ quote, gettin' old, lol.......

Dottie

Yup Dottie - nobody gets on my map without a bona fide NADA group hotel reservation. Unless of course they contact me and tell me they have a roomie.

A message to everyone - It's really important $ wise that you get in the group. I'm working with Jbell now to get their reservation switched over because they didn't actually get into the group and get our rate. The hotel gave them "the best available rate" at the time they booked which was $95 + tax higher a night than our group rate...dang near double. I'll be going back and amending the original post to try emphasize this, but thought it was worth mentioning here now too. You can go straight to the NADA show site webpage using this link http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/ or directly to the hotels for booking at our group rate using this one. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1510128820&key=27D074F2

If you are planning on driving to the Show the trip is much more enjoyable if shared with others. Look at the map and see who will be coming from the same direction as you and reach out to them. Maybe they are looking for someone to share the ride with. This map really makes that easy since you have everyone's name and location.

If you want to get a hold of somebody but can't match their real name up with their user name contact me and I can help. I've got everyone's phone and e-mail and will be happy to let them know you want to talk and pass on your information to them so you can do so.

Wes
03-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Just made my hotel reservation. Keith don't know if it will let you put one of those flags 17 miles south of the hotel.:p

Keith Perkins
03-05-2016, 09:06 AM
I found a way to get you clearly on the interactive map Wes, but the display map is going to have to wait until I'm at work. I did not realize until last night all the prior versions of those have been done at work and I get much nicer ones using the 24 inch flat screen there.

Keith Perkins
03-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Our March Spotlight Member has been added to the map.

Bill63SG
03-06-2016, 06:54 PM
And now I'm in also.

Keith Perkins
03-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Thanks Bill, got you on the map.

Altum Nut
03-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Just hit the book my room button...so no turning back now and looking forward to this even and meeting everyone.

...Ralph

DonMD
03-07-2016, 06:30 PM
I am very much looking forward to attending in July. It's always a great learning experience. The other NADA convention I attended was in Atlanta.

pitdogg2
03-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Since I'm in the state I guess I can't put my name on the map as I'll just be driving up to the show for multiple days.....

But I'll be there

Keith Perkins
03-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Just hit the book my room button...so no turning back now and looking forward to this even and meeting everyone.

...Ralph

Got you on the map Ralph. Can't do a maple leaf, but at least the marker's red.

Since I'm in the state I guess I can't put my name on the map as I'll just be driving up to the show for multiple days.....

But I'll be there

Shoot, we already have 2 guys within 15 miles of the hotel spending multiple nights. You can drive daily, but you'll miss a lot of good times and information after the show closes for the night.

Maybe I'll figure out how to add folks not staying at the hotel later, but for now at least I'm keeping it simple for this map.

pitdogg2
03-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Shoot, we already have 2 guys within 15 miles of the hotel spending multiple nights. You can drive daily, but you'll miss a lot of good times and information after the show closes for the night.

Maybe I'll figure out how to add folks not staying at the hotel later, but for now at least I'm keeping it simple for this map.

I prefer to keep my Discus spending money from the hotels pockets thank you.

Bill63SG
03-07-2016, 09:06 PM
And I like to keep my money from the state.Being a cdl crane op,I don't mess around with drinking and driving.But even if I didn't drink,Ive heard of too many good times after hours.

RogueDiscus
03-08-2016, 01:20 AM
I'm there! Hotel booked and registration paid. Whoo-hoo! Looking forward to the drive.
Steve

Keith Perkins
03-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Running the hotels room reservation report is a little like going to the fishroom and looking for new batches of eggs. You never know what you're going to find and sometimes you're really pleasantly surprised. This morning not only did we have our first west coast state registrant, way to go Steve, but James registered too and became the current attendee located furthest to the east. I'm looking forward to a great time!

RogueDiscus
03-08-2016, 07:35 PM
OK, I know there aren't too many other discus enthusiasts near me, but this map makes me look really isolated. Time for California and Washington folks to join in the fun!

LizStreithorst
03-08-2016, 08:03 PM
NADA shows have always been in the east except for once when it was in TX, Their doesn't seem to be a club on in your area of the county to wants to host a NADA convention. It blows me away that there hasn't been a club of the west coast.

Willie
03-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Actually, we had a NADA show in Sacramento!

Willie

LizStreithorst
03-08-2016, 08:31 PM
When was that one?

Wes
03-08-2016, 09:24 PM
When was that one?

Willie may be talking about 2007 ACA in Sacramento. NADA had a big presence there.

Larry Bugg
03-08-2016, 09:51 PM
NADA shows have always been in the east except for once when it was in TX, Their doesn't seem to be a club on in your area of the county to wants to host a NADA convention. It blows me away that there hasn't been a club of the west coast.

Twice in Texas.

Larry Bugg
03-08-2016, 09:52 PM

Twice in Texas and once in Ga. Don't see a lean to the East.

Second Hand Pat
03-09-2016, 12:43 AM
I see there is a pin missing in central fla. :D
Pat

Keith Perkins
03-09-2016, 11:30 AM
I see there is a pin missing in central fla. :D
Pat

Ooooooo, the wild woman from Florida is coming. It's a party now for sure, lol. Got you on the map Pat.

Jim - once I got the name the reservation was in from you early this morning I was able to get yours sorted out for you and at $95 cheaper a night! You're on the map.

RogueDiscus
03-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Just checking again. I don't see any events scheduled until Friday 7/8. I'm planning my travel days. If I arrive late on 7/7, will I have missed anything?

Second Hand Pat
03-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Just checking again. I don't see any events scheduled until Friday 7/8. I'm planning my travel days. If I arrive late on 3/7, will I have missed anything?

Check again http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/show-events/.

Scheduled Events:

Friday
2:30 PM – Topic: Judging by John Nicholson
4:00 PM – Topic: Discus Health, Illnesses and Treatments by Dr. Stephen A. Smith
5:30 PM – Topic: Joys of being a Fish Importer by Josie Christopher
7:00 PM – Topic: Discus 101 by Al Sabetta

Second Hand Pat
03-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Ooooooo, the wild woman from Florida is coming. It's a party now for sure, lol. Got you on the map Pat.

:thumbsup:

RogueDiscus
03-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Yes, Friday is the 8th.

Second Hand Pat
03-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Yes, Friday is the 8th.

Right, no events until Friday. There will be lots of prep work happening before hand.
Pat

RogueDiscus
03-09-2016, 09:49 PM
I said I saw nothing until Friday. The convention is advertised as July 7-10. Is there anything happening on July 7th?

Second Hand Pat
03-09-2016, 09:53 PM
I said I saw nothing until Friday. The convention is advertised as July 7-10. Is there anything happening on July 7th?

Only people starting to show up with fish so the show room will start to slowly fill up. I have always arrived on Thursday and have not be bored. :)

RogueDiscus
03-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Thanks Pat, that makes perfect sense. I'm really looking forward to the drive, but it had to do with when I should leave. I'm looking at at least 2 days on the road. I don't want to miss a thing, so I'll probably try to arrive earlier Thurday. Looking forward to meeting folks.
Steve

BOBT00LS
03-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Hello Keith. Nice job with the map. Rod Clement is rooming with me if you want add him to the list.

Bob

Keith Perkins
03-10-2016, 08:47 PM
OK, I know there aren't too many other discus enthusiasts near me, but this map makes me look really isolated. Time for California and Washington folks to join in the fun!

Hopefully you're feeling a little less lonely now. :)

Hello Keith. Nice job with the map. Rod Clement is rooming with me if you want add him to the list.

Bob

Good timing Bob, I was just working on an updated map. Got you, Rod, and a bunch of the speakers added and the map looks a little fuller all of a sudden. New markers furthest to both the north and east, NJ area looks much more represented, and the golden state finally got some representation. A good days work on the map.

rickztahone
03-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Woot woot, west coast :)

Iowa_Discus
03-12-2016, 04:31 AM
I plan on attending (my first one!) as well. I have family that live about 10-15 minutes from the hotel so I think I'm going to take advantage of that and stay with them!

John_Nicholson
03-12-2016, 08:55 AM
I hear ya but you will miss not staying on site. NADA is a lot more than just the show and speakers and staying off site you will miss out. Look forward to meeting you.

-john

Iowa_Discus
03-12-2016, 07:28 PM
I hear ya but you will miss not staying on site. NADA is a lot more than just the show and speakers and staying off site you will miss out. Look forward to meeting you.

-john

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else as well. I'm hoping that because I'll be so close (literally about 10 minutes away) I can still hang out with everyone and get close to the full experience. Need to save the $$$ when I can. Plus my sister would literally kill me if I was that close and stayed in a hotel instead of with her lol.

Keith Perkins
03-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Ardan and Brandon, you've been added to the map.

Bill63SG
03-14-2016, 11:23 AM
I'm in for the breakfast and dinner.

Ardan
03-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Ardan and Brandon, you've been added to the map.
Thanks Keith!!
My wife and I are really looking forward to this. I think it will be an awesome time and we are looking forward to meeting people that we have seen on the forums for a long time! Not to mention the great discus, discus items and talks!

Bill, we are in for the breakfast and dinner too! Sounds Great!

Ardan

Altum Nut
03-15-2016, 11:53 PM
I'm in for the breakfast and dinner.

No stealing food off Keith's plate when he's not looking. Lol

...Ralph

rickztahone
03-16-2016, 12:54 AM
What's this breakfast I keep hearing about?

John_Nicholson
03-16-2016, 08:06 AM
On Saturday morning there will be a speakers round table discussion with breakfast. I forget the cost of the breakfast but I highly recommend doing it. It really helps NADA. For those that do not know hotels generally make the bulk of their convention money on food. That means that NADA has to guarantee that out attendees will spend a certain dollar amount. We normally lose a fair bit of money on the banquet. We are trying to cure that problem by having 2 food events instead of one.......ALSO the Spirit of the Amazon is giving away a gift certificate to some lucky winner at the breakfast. If memory serves it is for $250.....

-john

Keith Perkins
03-16-2016, 09:15 AM
On Saturday morning there will be a speakers round table discussion with breakfast. I forget the cost of the breakfast but I highly recommend doing it. It really helps NADA. For those that do not know hotels generally make the bulk of their convention money on food. That means that NADA has to guarantee that out attendees will spend a certain dollar amount. We normally lose a fair bit of money on the banquet. We are trying to cure that problem by having 2 food events instead of one.......ALSO the Spirits of the Amazon is giving away a gift certificate to some lucky winner at the breakfast. If memory serves it is for $250.....

-john

The memory didn't fail you for once John, the drawing for the gift certificate from Discus "r" Us is indeed for $250. The cost of the breakfast is $23 all in and here's a clip from the NADA show page that shows what it will include:

Breakfast Buffet and Roundtable Discussion:
Includes: Scrambled Eggs; Bacon and Sausage; Breakfast Potatoes; Orange Juice and Freshly Brewed Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee
Also Includes: Roundtable Discussion with all Scheduled Show Speakers!
And Includes: A drawing for a $250 gift certificate towards the purchase of discus from Discus "r" Us!

This is something totally new for a NADA show, but the speaker roundtable discussion should prove to be very interesting. Then of course there is that drawing for the gift certificate. :)

Fishquake
03-16-2016, 09:33 AM
John, do we need to sign up for the round table breakfast in advance or when we arrive?

On Saturday morning there will be a speakers round table discussion with breakfast. I forget the cost of the breakfast but I highly recommend doing it. It really helps NADA. For those that do not know hotels generally make the bulk of their convention money on food. That means that NADA has to guarantee that out attendees will spend a certain dollar amount. We normally lose a fair bit of money on the banquet. We are trying to cure that problem by having 2 food events instead of one.......ALSO the Spirit of the Amazon is giving away a gift certificate to some lucky winner at the breakfast. If memory serves it is for $250.....

-john

John_Nicholson
03-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Just register and sign up for the breakfast then.

-john

rickztahone
03-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Cool, I'll sign up for the breakfast then.

Keith Perkins
03-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Brownsville, WI now has a marker on the map. Looking forward to meeting you David.

Keith Perkins
03-21-2016, 10:38 AM
The state of New York now has it's first marker. Welcome Richard.

RichT
03-21-2016, 11:09 AM
Wouldn't miss it for anything!! Been to the last three and had a blast .

John_Nicholson
03-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Wouldn't miss it for anything!! Been to the last three and had a blast .

And they damned sure would not have been the same without you.

-john

Keith Perkins
03-28-2016, 09:30 AM
The state of Delaware now has its first marker. Welcome Mr. Santiago.

nofearengineer
03-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Gawrsh...I'd love to come, but I'm probably going to have a tank full of growing discus by then....not sure if I'll be able to not have a stroke worrying about them.

John_Nicholson
03-28-2016, 03:34 PM
They will be fine. Come in early on Friday and leave early on Sunday. Not really that much time away and I promise they will benefit from the knowledge that you gain while at the show.

-john

rickztahone
03-29-2016, 12:37 PM
You are amassing a whole lot of pins there Keith! Way to go!

Keith Perkins
03-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Ricardo - that's a little like thanking the weatherman for the nice weather. But hey, as long as the forecast is good. :)

Surprising some of states that are still in a marker drought though.

John_Nicholson
03-30-2016, 08:17 AM
For whatever reason lots of people wait until the last minute to register. We are significantly ahead of the normal pace so I expect this to be the biggest NADA show ever.....it would be nice though if folks would go ahead and commit.....helps me sleep better.....LOL.

-john

rickztahone
03-30-2016, 11:08 PM
John, our community is majority males. Don't you know males are scared of commitment?!?

John_Nicholson
03-31-2016, 08:07 AM
LOL...Good point.

-john

Skip
03-31-2016, 01:10 PM
not sure i will be able to make it.. :(

Keith Perkins
03-31-2016, 01:25 PM

MARRIED! :whip:

John_Nicholson
03-31-2016, 01:35 PM

You better get that crap fixed.

-john

Woodduck
03-31-2016, 02:41 PM
:confused:

Keith Perkins
04-01-2016, 10:36 AM
For whatever reason lots of people wait until the last minute to register. We are significantly ahead of the normal pace so I expect this to be the biggest NADA show ever.....it would be nice though if folks would go ahead and commit.....helps me sleep better.....LOL.

-john

What keeps me up at night is the thought of running out of rooms. Our contract for the number of room nights we guaranteed and how many the hotel blocked for us was based on prior show attendance. The hotel is willing to give us more rooms as we find we need them if they're available, and we've already had to do that for Wednesday night, but the closer to the show date the less likely this is to being possible. Book early to avoid potential problems.

rickztahone
04-01-2016, 10:59 AM
What keeps me up at night is the thought of running out of rooms. Our contract for the number of room nights we guaranteed and how many the hotel blocked for us was based on prior show attendance. The hotel is willing to give us more rooms as we find we need them if they're available, and we've already had to do that for Wednesday night, but the closer to the show date the less likely this is to being possible. Book early to avoid potential problems.

Big groups/conventions are a huge part of hotel revenue. When these events take place, there is certain amount of work that happens behind the scenes. Sales/banquets/housekeeping and others all have to do prep work for these type of events in anticipation. However, you always get a sense on how big an event is going to be based on forecasted numbers compared to actual books. This plays a major role in all outlets because if there seems to be a lackluster response compared to the forecast, they will focus on other things.

The flip side is that if books get higher than projections, the anticipation builds and more outlet managers get involved with the project.

So. Basically what I am trying to say is that if you know you will attend, try doing it sooner rather than later ;)

Keith Perkins
04-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Added a third marker to Tennessee on the map, and our very first one from Michigan!

fishtanktenderfoot
04-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Yep, I'm the Nashvillian you just added! Yay! Your scare tactics worked on me - so I committed...! I thought I'd have to prepay the room, but all they wanted was the credit card to reserve. And it is cancelable (heaven forbid) up to the day of without penalty, so sign up already, everyone!! Also, I'll buy a drink for anyone who tells my husband while we are there that it is totally NORMAL to drain 55g everyday and refill it. That totally EVERYONE does it. :o

LizStreithorst
04-03-2016, 01:45 PM
You will have a blast. I'll look for you there. If I don't see you, I'm the short, slender old lady with long grey hair and no make-up. I don't think that you want me to tell your husband how much water I change every day. I easily go through 250 gallons. gallons. I'll tell him for a free beer, though. If you'd rather he not know, buy me 2 beers and I'll keep my mouth shut.

LizStreithorst
04-03-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm working out all the details with Dottie. Taking show fish makes it harder. I'll take them in buckets as John suggested. I'll be spending the night at Dottie's. Unfortunately, Dottie doesn't trust her water. If she doesn't trust it I don't trust it. I suppose what I'll do is bring 2 10 gallon tanks for the fish to hang out in for half a day and a night. I guess I'll have to take 30 gallons of my own water with me along with heaters to bring it up to temp.

Discus-n00b
04-03-2016, 03:02 PM

-john

Rest easy John, I just registered. Already had hotel booked just dragged feet on registering like usual. I was actually going to wait longer but I knew you couldn't sleep.

Keith Perkins
04-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Yep, I'm the Nashvillian you just added! Yay! Your scare tactics worked on me - so I committed...! I thought I'd have to prepay the room, but all they wanted was the credit card to reserve. And it is cancelable (heaven forbid) up to the day of without penalty, so sign up already, everyone!! Also, I'll buy a drink for anyone who tells my husband while we are there that it is totally NORMAL to drain 55g everyday and refill it. That totally EVERYONE does it. :o

It isn't my intent to scare anyone Steph, sorry if I gave you that impression, It's just looking like this may be the largest NADA show ever and I really don't want to run into the situation where someone wants to come and we're out of rooms when it can easily be prevented. Booking your room early is the sure fire way to do this. You bring up a couple excellent points in that it doesn't cost anything to reserve your room now and also that you can cancel right up to the day of arrival if you should have to. Thanks!

John_Nicholson
04-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Thanks Matt. On the water changing deal...I go through roughly 650 gallons a night so draining a 55 seems perfectly fine with me...LOL.

-john

fishtanktenderfoot
04-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Sorry if my humor didn't translate, I wasn't really scared. :p

Liz and John, that's exactly what I need!! I'm looking forward to meeting fellow fish fans.

Disgirl
04-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Just like in Atlanta and Austin, I will volunteer to organize the ladies night dinner again. We ladies had a BLAST the last 2 times. All ladies welcome, even wives or girlfriends of the discus keeper in the family. I will collect names later, just before NADA, so we can reserve a place at the hotel for our "party". Sorry guys, this will be ladies only, you all can have your own guys dinner that night. It will be Friday night, July 8.
Barb

Disgirl
04-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Here is a pic of our dinner 2 years ago in Austin. Sorry it is blurry, the photographer had had a few.

rsawest@yahoo.com
04-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Just like in Atlanta and Austin, I will volunteer to organize the ladies night dinner again. We ladies had a BLAST the last 2 times. All ladies welcome, even wives or girlfriends of the discus keeper in the family. I will collect names later, just before NADA, so we can reserve a place at the hotel for our "party". Sorry guys, this will be ladies only, you all can have your own guys dinner that night. It will be Friday night, July 8.
Barb

You can count me in Barb. I had a blast at ladies night. Thanks for organizing.

Keith Perkins
04-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Another marker from the great state of Texas, Fort Worth this time. Welcome to the Nelsons.

LizStreithorst
04-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Barb

The men will have their own lame dinner same as last time. We ladies were the ones laughing and having a blast. Thanks for offering to do it again, Barb.

Keith Perkins
04-13-2016, 10:09 AM
More representation from New York state, welcome Cristina.

Keith Perkins
04-14-2016, 09:33 AM
We pushed our marker boundary further east, welcome Mathew from Littleton, NH.

John_Nicholson
04-14-2016, 09:39 AM
Looks like a great crowd is shaping up...Don't be left out folks. Come have the best time of your life.

-john

Keith Perkins
04-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Welcome to Luong Nguyen, our second marker in Ontario.

John_Nicholson
04-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Wonderful

-john

RogueDiscus
04-27-2016, 01:11 PM
I'm considering bringing fish to the NADA show this summer, but I'm flying in and out. Has anyone ever tried to check a well-packed shipping box through the airlines with them? Otherwise I think I'd have to use FedEx and hold for pickup at the airport. I'm assuming I'd have to bring my own nets, bags, and other shipping supplies for the return trip packing. Is this what folks do? Will there be oxygen available?

John_Nicholson
04-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Yes that is what people do most of the time. Check with your individual airline. Most will allow you to "ship" the fish on the same plane that you are on. If not then fedX is your friend.

-john

Keith Perkins
04-28-2016, 09:19 AM
I'm considering bringing fish to the NADA show this summer, but I'm flying in and out. Has anyone ever tried to check a well-packed shipping box through the airlines with them? Otherwise I think I'd have to use FedEx and hold for pickup at the airport. I'm assuming I'd have to bring my own nets, bags, and other shipping supplies for the return trip packing. Is this what folks do? Will there be oxygen available?

Josie from Chicago Discus is donating the use of one of her oxygen tanks, among many other things, for the show.

GivensOU
04-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Booked my hotel, bought my NADA registration, and rental car booked!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Chicago!

Keith Perkins
04-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Booked my hotel, bought my NADA registration, and rental car booked!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Chicago!

Got you on the map Tim. Congrats on being the first marker from Ohio.

I'm headed out of town shortly for a long weekend so this will probably be the last map update until next week. Hopefully there will be a lot to do when I get back. :)

Smendez
04-28-2016, 09:39 PM
I registered at NADA and made Hotel reservations.

My wife - Pam - will be acompanying me. Barb, do you mind adding 1 to the ladies night dinner on Friday night?

Thanks to all and look forward to meeting you.

Saulo

Disgirl
04-28-2016, 10:07 PM
Saulo, we will look forward to meeting Pam at our ladie's dinner. I will try for a number later on for our dinner.
Barb

John_Nicholson
04-29-2016, 07:44 AM
Great deal Saulo. You will love the show.

-john

Larry Bugg
04-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Hans posted on Facebook that he had purchased his tickets to come to the Show. Who doesn't want to meet Hans???? Another great reason to come to the Show.

Keith Perkins
05-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Welcome Saulo, our first map marker in Missouri. Also if you go back and look at the map you'll notice the first big change to it. Thanks to Moises the map now includes part of South America. Welcome.

John_Nicholson
05-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Really cool.

-john

Keith Perkins
05-03-2016, 09:32 AM
It's an all M day on the map today, additions from both Michigan and Maryland. Welcome to Vincent and Hans.

John_Nicholson
05-03-2016, 09:37 AM
Way cool.

-john

rickztahone
05-03-2016, 03:39 PM
I am yet to get my flight tickets. I keep looking at different areas to buy them for a cheaper rate.

However, one thing I do not know is, which airlines charge for the checked bags? If I could avoid extra "hidden" fees I'd be much happier about traveling in one of those.

The last time I was on an airplane was well over 16yrs ago, so I am not familiar with any of the "new" flight procedures and/or charges associated with flying. Could someone help me out?

I'd like to book sooner than later as the date approaches faster and faster and I don't want to pay a higher rate for waiting.

Keith Perkins
05-05-2016, 09:51 AM
California being represented again, welcome Kaylen.

John_Nicholson
05-05-2016, 11:11 AM
The show just keeps getting better and better. Folks all indications are thsi will be the biggest and best show we have ever had. My suggestion would be to not miss out on it. Book today.

-john

rickztahone
05-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Found this awesome deep dish pizza place 5 miles from the hotel

LouMalnatis Pizzaria (http://www.loumalnatis.com/locations#70%20Yorktown%20Shopping%20Center%2C%20L ombard%2C%20IL%2060148;10). I love me some deep dish pizza if anyone wants to join me any one of the days ;)

Altum Nut
05-12-2016, 11:26 PM

LouMalnatis Pizzaria (http://www.loumalnatis.com/locations#70%20Yorktown%20Shopping%20Center%2C%20L ombard%2C%20IL%2060148;10). I love me some deep dish pizza if anyone wants to join me any one of the days ;)

Count me in Ricardo

...Ralph

Discus-n00b
05-12-2016, 11:28 PM

I'm always in too!

rickztahone
05-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Count me in Ricardo

...Ralph

I'm always in too!

Awesome. My friend who recommended it says it takes a while for the deep dish to come out of the oven so we'll have time to talk discus :)

John_Nicholson
05-13-2016, 07:57 AM
Depends on my schedule but Lord knows I like to eat.

-john

Keith Perkins
05-13-2016, 12:24 PM
A piece or two of their pizza can be a meal for most folks. It's definitely not fast food and there can be a wait to get a table, but that just helps them with their beer sales. Not a bad place to try for sure.

Keith Perkins
05-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Another Canadian province sporting a marker and our NW corner has been pushed out a bit. Welcome to the map discuspaul, Paul Villeneuve.

John_Nicholson
05-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Wonderful.

-john

rickztahone
05-19-2016, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah, Paul is in! We are going to have a blast this NADA. Don't believe I mentioned it but I finally got my airline tickets so we are all locked and loaded over here :)

discuspaul
05-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Super to hear you're in for sure, Ricardo !
It'll be great meeting you - looking forward to it.

On top of that, I'm also really looking forward to meeting & putting faces to names of at least 20 other people who have registered already.
Should be a hoot, but you'll all have to bear with me, a slower-moving old fart who's not as sharp as he'd like to be. LOL

rickztahone
05-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Super to hear you're in for sure, Ricardo !
It'll be great meeting you - looking forward to it.

On top of that, I'm also really looking forward to meeting & putting faces to names of at least 20 other people who have registered already.
Should be a hoot, but you'll all have to bear with me, a slower-moving old fart who's not as sharp as he'd like to be. LOL

No worries Paul :). Will be great to put faces to SD handles, however, I am fairly certain I would pick you out of lineup now ;)

discuspaul
05-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Well, hopefully you will pick me out of the lineup & make the intro, cause I have no idea what you look like.

rickztahone
05-19-2016, 10:52 PM
Here's a picture of me Paul so you can recognize me:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1673/26141610530_2ed402fab4_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/FQ3A3W)Barney Gumble (https://flic.kr/p/FQ3A3W) by Ricardo Vasquez (https://www.flickr.com/photos/rickztahone/), on Flickr

Or was it this one?
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/13292512915_6cf8e67b46_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/mfBAZa)Daddy and Ricky (https://flic.kr/p/mfBAZa) by Ricardo Vasquez (https://www.flickr.com/photos/rickztahone/), on Flickr

discuspaul
05-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Love your broad-striped blue hoodie - so that's your daddy, huh ?
Well, I still wouldn't recognize you, 'cause you're no doubt quite a bit older by now :)

ktm4us6
05-19-2016, 11:56 PM
I will book the hotel this weekend, looking forward to meeting everyone.

John_Nicholson
05-20-2016, 08:28 AM
Man this thing is shaping up to be the best that we have ever had......

-john

Keith Perkins
05-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Man this thing is shaping up to be the best that we have ever had......

-john

And Evan Jones adding a marker to Burke, VA yesterday put us over a huge milestone. Based on attendance of prior shows we requested and were guaranteed 150 discounted hotel room nights and we've used them all. Fortunately the hotel has graciously accommodated us and given us extra rooms but only until June 16th at 5 PM CDT. After that the $115 a night rate will be gone and you'll have to pay the full market price. Don't miss out on this great room rate and the biggest NADA show ever, make your reservations now!

Click on the NADA picture below to go directly to the NADA show site.

Keith Perkins
05-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the map Eric Mraz, nice to see another marker in Wisconsin.

rickztahone
05-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Keith, that map is looking mighty impressive!

John_Nicholson
05-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Keith, that map is looking mighty impressive!

Yep and considering that a lot of people like to wait until the last minute to register this thing is really looking great.

-john

Keith Perkins
06-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Another marker showing up from Canada in B.C. this morning, welcome Richard Grange.

discuspaul
06-01-2016, 10:47 AM
That's great - Rick Grange of Canadian Aqua Farm in Maple Ridge, B.C. - supplier of Forrest Discus for Canada and a sponsor here on SD.
See you in Chicago, Rick !

Altum Nut
06-01-2016, 09:19 PM
That's great news and will be a pleasure to meet Rick.
Please Keith...I hope Trump won't be there canvasing votes but if he makes a large donation, we can allow a couple of minutes of his BS.

...Ralph

RockRiverfish
06-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Hi all - I decided to pass on the ACA Convention this year in favor of NADA. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Dan

John_Nicholson
06-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Look forward to meeting you Dan.

-john

Keith Perkins
06-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the map Jack Taylor, good to see a marker on Kansas City.

Keith Perkins
06-03-2016, 06:56 AM
If adding a marker in Columbia made the map look really different to you, look and see what putting one in Singapore did. Welcome to the map Low.

John_Nicholson
06-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Hey in my opinion the map just keeps looking better and better.

-john

Keith Perkins
06-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the map Dan, awesome to see a marker on Watertown, WI.

Keith Perkins
06-05-2016, 11:06 AM
A marker in Mindoro, WI, welcome to the map Ed Sye.

Keith Perkins
06-08-2016, 11:50 PM
I've been waiting for this marker on Madison Heights, MI, welcome to the map Cary Strong!

rickztahone
06-08-2016, 11:56 PM
I've been waiting for this marker on Madison Heights, MI, welcome to the map Cary Strong!

Nice. Now its a party!

John_Nicholson
06-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Cary, Cary, Cary......

-john

CARY_GLdiscus
06-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks for all the help and encouragement! To get my lazy *** to the show it's going to be a fabulous time can't wait to see old friends and new ones. And for those who cannot attend or are thinking of attending it's a must do event you will have the time of your life I promise! See ya soon!

Keith Perkins
06-10-2016, 05:07 AM
Busy day on the map, welcome to David of Missouri and Grant from California.

Larry Bugg
06-10-2016, 01:46 PM
The map is really looking great!! I don't think there is any question as to whether or not this will be the biggest and best NADA Show yet. Now for all of you that are on the map..................have you registered for the Show yet?? The map is based primarily on hotel registrations which everyone makes early so they won't miss out on the reduced rate and more importantly they are sure they will have a room. What we find though is that people procrastinate on actually registering for the Show. What's the rush after all, we surely aren't going to run out of room. Well here is the deal. It makes a really big difference from a planning perspective. Not everyone will stay at the hotel and not everyone at the hotel will actually register for the Show (spouses). This leaves us guessing at what the actual registration number will be. We need to be able to plan for how many seats are needed in the speaker rooms, how many goody bags are needed, how many t-shirts to order. We need your name to have a printed name tab and lanyard for you. So here is my request..............if you are planning on attending the GREATEST DISCUS SHOW in North America PLEASE go ahead and make your registration for the Show. It really does make a difference to those of us who are planning it for you.

http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/

rickztahone
06-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Great point Larry.

Also, I will add, you can follow this link to buy your tickets to the round table breakfast as well as the awards banquet:
http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/registration-information/

Could someone verify the date on both of those though?

I still need to buy my tickets for these 2 events and I keep forgetting to.

Join the fun everyone ;)

Keith Perkins
06-10-2016, 08:32 PM
The brunch/round table speakers discussion and the banquet are on Saturday Rick.

Larry, thanks for the kind words but for now it's only the biggest NADA show yet. Of course with all the tips you've been passing on we've certainly got a great shot at it being the best. We sure have a load of cool door and raffle prizes and Ardan's Creations will be stepping up the show a notch. Plus we've got Al!

rickztahone
06-10-2016, 08:52 PM
The brunch/round table speakers discussion and the banquet are on Saturday Rick.

Larry, thanks for the kind words but for now it's only the biggest NADA show yet. Of course with all the tips you've been passing on we've certainly got a great shot at it being the best. We sure have a load of cool door and raffle prizes and Ardan's Creations will be stepping up the show a notch. Plus we've got Al!

Thanks Keith. Your map is a great indicator of how many are already coming. That isn't to say the people that have yet to book a room or are driving in locally or not staying at the hotel.

Keith Perkins
06-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Another marker in lower Michigan, welcome to the Justice's.

Loosir
06-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'm bringing the wife and two girls (9 and 6yrs).
My brother lives in CHI town and the girls will spend most of their time with their cousins while I talk fish all weekend:bandana:. Is there a ticket I can buy them just to come in for an hour or two to just see the show fish in the tanks, or should I get them the full $50 registration? I have no problem if that's the case, NADA is awesome and we are so excited to be there.
Thanks
Geoff

nc0gnet0
06-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'm bringing the wife and two girls (9 and 6yrs).
My brother lives in CHI town and the girls will spend most of their time with their cousins while I talk fish all weekend:bandana:. Is there a ticket I can buy them just to come in for an hour or two to just see the show fish in the tanks, or should I get them the full $50 registration? I have no problem if that's the case, NADA is awesome and we are so excited to be there.
Thanks
Geoff

The only ones that need to register are those that will be attending the speakers. Your little ones can see the fish for free, all we ask is that they are supervised :)

-Rick

Larry Bugg
06-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Those of you that live in the Chicago area please let you friends and neighbors know that they can come by and see the fish for free. While we would love for everyone to register, ,and come and hear the speakers, or at least join NADA, one of our biggest goals at NADA is to get more people involved in the hobby. Holding these shows and showing off our discus helps accomplish that goal.

Keith Perkins
06-13-2016, 04:21 PM
New markers in Madison, WI and Cadillac, MI. Welcome to the Jerrerd's and the Cieslak's.

rickztahone
06-13-2016, 04:51 PM
In case you guys haven't seen the updated map lately, here is what it looks like!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/Map_zpsim54tayx.gif (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/CozyKeith/media/Map_zpsim54tayx.gif.html)

Impressive to say the least.

Loosir
06-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Just registered, hope to see my name in lights soon!:D

GivensOU
06-13-2016, 09:01 PM
In case you guys haven't seen the updated map lately, here is what it looks like!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/Map_zpsim54tayx.gif (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/CozyKeith/media/Map_zpsim54tayx.gif.html)

Impressive to say the least.

I am the only one from the Buckeye state. I was hoping to see more. It's only about 5-6 hour drive from Ohio.

EJ_B
06-13-2016, 09:17 PM
Hello, I am registered for the show, but not the hotel, as I live about 5 miles from Lombard. Looking forward to it.

Keith Perkins
06-16-2016, 05:05 PM
New markers in Wilmore, KY and Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Welcome to the map Kraig Koontz and Marvin Greenberg.

John_Nicholson
06-17-2016, 08:12 AM
EJ_B you are the lucky one this trip. See you at the show.

-john

Keith Perkins
06-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Brooklyn, NY now has a marker. Welcome to the map Olexiy Luchnikov.

EJ_B
06-17-2016, 10:18 AM
EJ_B you are the lucky one this trip. See you at the show.

-john

Thanks John, I just wish I was ready to buy fish, but I'm still in the research and planning stage right now.

John_Nicholson
06-17-2016, 10:55 AM
I would suggest getting ready in a hurry. It would be a shame to miss out on this quality of fish.

-john

Keith Perkins
06-17-2016, 11:23 AM
I would suggest getting ready in a hurry. It would be a shame to miss out on this quality of fish.

-john

Agreed, I can't imagine a better time to buy into the hobby than at this event. You're likely to never see so many discus in one place again.

GivensOU
06-17-2016, 11:37 AM
That's what i'm looking forward to, all the discus up for sale. I just bought a tank just for all the NADA discus I'm planning on bringing home!!

John_Nicholson
06-17-2016, 11:40 AM
That's what i'm looking forward to, all the discus up for sale. I just bought a tank just for all the NADA discus I'm planning on bringing home!!

Smart man....

-john

rsawest@yahoo.com
06-17-2016, 08:34 PM
I'm getting so excited. I can't wait to see everyone!

discuspaul
06-17-2016, 10:36 PM
Me too - should be a great fun time !

Keith Perkins
06-19-2016, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the map Che Mcneary. Another marker in Michigan.

We're in bonus, room discount time here. If you haven't booked a hotel room for the NADA show yet you've already missed the original deadline. Don't miss the revised deadline, it could cost you $100 a night.

Keith Perkins
06-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the map Roy Saric. The markers in the New York area are making the map look almost as crowded as the city. Well done.

nc0gnet0
06-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the map Che Mcneary. Another marker in Michigan.

We're in bonus, room discount time here. If you haven't booked a hotel room for the NADA show yet you've already missed the original deadline. Don't miss the revised deadline, it could cost you $100 a night.

Catching up to Wisconsin :)

GivensOU
06-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Newbie question about NADA.

If you purchase Discus at NADA I assume two things:
1) They will hold the discus until Sunday.
2) They will box up the Discus for me when I leave.

I ask because I don't want to be in Chicago trying to track boxes to ship my new discus. Also I will be driving my discus home.

Thanks,
Tim

Larry Bugg
06-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Newbie question about NADA.

If you purchase Discus at NADA I assume two things:
1) They will hold the discus until Sunday.
2) They will box up the Discus for me when I leave.

I ask because I don't want to be in Chicago trying to track boxes to ship my new discus. Also I will be driving my discus home.

Thanks,
Tim

Yes, if you purchase discus at the Show they will be held till Sunday. Typically all Show fish will remain in the Show tanks till Sunday and possession is not taken till after the judging is done.If you plan on purchasing discus, if possible it would be best to bring a styro box with you. The vendors will have boxes that their Show fish arrive in but they aren't one to a box so they don't always have boxes available for every fish sold. They will be happy to bag them for you. A large number of us don't box our purchases so it usually works out. If you will be driving your fish home then I would suggest that there is a much better way to transport them. I will be bringing 5 gallon buckets with me. I will have a air pump that I will plug into a power invertor and air stones to go into each bucket. I don't worry about heaters. The water in the buckets will remain in the mid to upper 70's because that is the temp I will keep the car at and that temp will be just fine for the 12 hour drive. My longest drive transporting this way was coming back from the Austin Show. That was a 17 hour drive. We took fish out to the Show and returned with fish and no issues. I have been know to drive with the temp of the car in the 80's but have since learned that really isn't necessary, lol.

GivensOU
06-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Thanks Larry!

I do have one large styro box I could bring. Luckily for me Chicago to home is only about 5 hours!

Thanks!
Tim

DonMD
06-21-2016, 04:17 PM
This question may have already been asked, but I can't find any discussion on it. Will there be any organized activities on Saturday for spouses who don't want to sit in on discus lectures all day?

thanks, -Don

Keith Perkins
06-21-2016, 04:50 PM
This question may have already been asked, but I can't find any discussion on it. Will there be any organized activities on Saturday for spouses who don't want to sit in on discus lectures all day?

thanks, -Don

I don't think anything has been set up yet Don. John's wife and daughter plan on finding the PPV UFC fight being shown somewhere Saturday night...I kid you not. Maybe we could get them or a couple of the male spouses to lead a trip to some of the local attractions on Saturday. There is the mall and IMAX theater right next door for the less adventurous.

rickztahone
06-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Just FYI, follow this link to see some things available at the Hotel itself:
http://www.westinlombard.com/hotel-features

The 2 restaurants with business hours:
http://www.westinlombard.com/en/westin-lombard-restaurants

rickztahone
06-23-2016, 12:37 PM
Also, taste of Chicago is going on that week as well:
http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/taste_of_chicago.html

Keith Perkins
06-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Well the map looks a lot different again today with our first European marker. France to be more precise. Welcome to Pierre Barbez.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/Map_zpsanth4otg.gif (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/CozyKeith/media/Map_zpsanth4otg.gif.html)

rickztahone
06-23-2016, 02:52 PM
woot woot! France representing!

John_Nicholson
06-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Way cool.

-john

Keith Perkins
06-25-2016, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the map Nanette Wenum, our second marker in Colorado.

Still several "nearby" states to the show not represented, it's not too late. You've got until the end of the month to make your hotel reservations for one of the best discus times you'll ever have.

Keith Perkins
06-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Added new markers in New York and Ohio, welcome to the map Ceyhun and Lorraine.

rickztahone
06-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Added new markers in New York and Ohio, welcome to the map Ceyhun and Lorraine.

Keith, I am assuming you have reached your "mile marker"?

Wes
06-28-2016, 04:54 PM

:bounce::drummer::bounce2:

Keith Perkins
06-28-2016, 05:18 PM

I've been past it twice but we had a cancellation or two and an individual that inadvertently triple booked 3 nights that inflated our numbers which just got corrected this morning. Scratch just about any one of those things and we'd be there. We're close, oh so close. We just need a couple more people to come to the show and make hotel reservations.

Ardan
06-28-2016, 05:51 PM
:santa:
Feels like Christmas is coming next week.:p
Will be great to meet everyone, that map is looking good!

Ardan

Keith Perkins
06-28-2016, 10:16 PM

Welcome to the map Michael Viel. A third marker in Georgia.

We just need 1 more room night...and no more cancellations.

rickztahone
06-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the map Michael Viel. A third marker in Georgia.

:scared: The suspense is killing me...

1 More day people!

discuspaul
06-29-2016, 08:45 PM
As Ardan said earlier, this is feeling like Xmas - there's a certain edginess to the membership anticipation here, that I've not seen before in 3 previous prep times for a bi-annual Nada get-together. Seems like it's looked upon to be quite a big deal - one that (hopefully) will be tremendously enjoyed by all attendees !

Keith Perkins
06-29-2016, 10:56 PM

:scared: The suspense is killing me...

1 More day people!

Still that 1 room night short of a historic mile marker, 1 night. Cutoff is sometime between 5 PM and midnight tomorrow.

Keith Perkins
06-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Our discounted rate was scheduled to end at 5 but may still be good until midnight. I have held a couple rooms for Friday and Saturday night if you change your mind to come at the last minute. Contact me by PM and I can help arrange it for you. I'll need to cancel these held rooms shortly after noon on Thursday and Friday. Hope to see you at the show.

Keith Perkins
07-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Our discounted rate was scheduled to end at 5 but may still be good until midnight. I have held a couple rooms for Friday and Saturday night if you change your mind to come at the last minute. Contact me by PM and I can help arrange it for you. I'll need to cancel these held rooms shortly after noon on Thursday and Friday. Hope to see you at the show.

The room nights I held are gone. Not sure if there's any way I can get more at this point, but if you still want to come I'll try. PM me.

EJ_B
07-06-2016, 02:43 AM
Hi Keith, I registered (and paid via PayPal) about a month ago, but I have never received any kind of confirmation from NADA. Do I just show up and give my name and identification?? Or should I have gotten a confirmation email or something??? Please let me know .
Thank you.

FishFanMan
07-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Do I have to buy memberships for my 12 and 14 yo kids in order for them to get in?

FishFanMan
07-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Priceline may have deal for this hotel for $82!

John_Nicholson
07-06-2016, 07:40 AM
People only have to register to hear the speakers. The fish show itself is free of charge.

-john

Keith Perkins
07-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Hi Keith, I registered (and paid via PayPal) about a month ago, but I have never received any kind of confirmation from NADA. Do I just show up and give my name and identification?? Or should I have gotten a confirmation email or something??? Please let me know .
Thank you.

Nope, just come on in and we'll take care of you. Name is all you need.

Do I have to buy memberships for my 12 and 14 yo kids in order for them to get in?

Registration is only to see the speakers, anyone can just come in and view fish.

Ps - this may be my last time on Simply for a while. Need to be out of here in a couple hours and there are still things on the list to do.

Willie
07-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Road trip! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

FishFanMan
07-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Is there a family membership option if my kids want to listen to a speaker?

yogi
07-06-2016, 09:08 AM
If you paid and did not get a receipt it must of gone into your spam. You get an automatic receipt from paypal and I also send you a separate receipt.

EJ_B
07-06-2016, 12:04 PM
If you paid and did not get a receipt it must of gone into your spam. You get an automatic receipt from paypal and I also send you a separate receipt.

Thank you, I did get a receipt from Paypal, but never got anything from NADA so yes it very likely could have gone into my spam box.

rickztahone
07-06-2016, 06:50 PM
I am getting to Chicago on Thursday and going straight to a Cubs game at 7pm that day with my brother. It shows thunderstorms in the weather. How bad are we talking here? Should I take a full on jacket or heavy sweater is fine? I'll be under a pavilion mind you

nc0gnet0
07-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Heavy Sweater? It's 90 degrees :) Nights have been cool though 60's

rickztahone
07-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Heavy Sweater? It's 90 degrees :) Nights have been cool though 60's

It shows thunderstorms and rain for tomorrow in the forecast!

Bill63SG
07-06-2016, 07:57 PM
[QUOT
E=rickztahone;1221127]It shows thunderstorms and rain for tomorrow in the forecast![/QUA
And a sweater keeps you dry?

rickztahone
07-06-2016, 08:51 PM
[QUOT
E=rickztahone;1221127]It shows thunderstorms and rain for tomorrow in the forecast![/QUA
And a sweater keeps you dry?

:laugh: well, a sweater will keep me warm under a pavilion. I don't think I'd have the luggage space to take a full on jacket but could buy one over there I suppose. Its a moot point really, we are going anyways, rain or shine so I'll enjoy it one way or another. Thanks :)

Chicago Discus
07-06-2016, 09:01 PM
I am getting to Chicago on Thursday and going straight to a Cubs game at 7pm that day with my brother. It shows thunderstorms in the weather. How bad are we talking here? Should I take a full on jacket or heavy sweater is fine? I'll be under a pavilion mind you

Lord no Its very hot here even in the rain :)

rickztahone
07-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Lord no Its very hot here even in the rain :)

Thanks, just what I needed to hear :). Similar to LA really, even if it rains, it isn't ever cold lol

FishFanMan
07-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Allow for plenty of time to get there, traffic can be terrible depending on how you are going there. You won't be cold, might want to bring those single use ponchos. Be sure to try Old Style beer!

FishFanMan
07-06-2016, 10:47 PM
So, no family registration option? NADA has a family membership for $12 so I thought maybe there might be one for this event?

rickztahone
07-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Any good burger joints near the hotel that aren't sit downs?

Discus-n00b
07-07-2016, 07:37 PM

McDonalds ;)

rickztahone
07-07-2016, 08:12 PM
McDonalds ;)

Ha! We had Panera

GivensOU
07-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Ha! We had Panera

We did Flat Iron, it's make your own stir fry. $10 a person!

pitdogg2
07-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Made it thanks Larry buggy and Keith for the help after my registration failed to go through.

alcastro
07-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Ha! We had Panera

I have a bud in Chicago that has the best Tacos east of the L.A River,

rickztahone
07-08-2016, 10:46 AM
I have a bud in Chicago that has the best Tacos east of the L.A River,

Text me the address bud. Could use some tacos ;)

EJ_B
07-08-2016, 04:38 PM

if anyone is still looking for a good burger near the hotel, check out Brauerhouse, its in Lombard 5 minutes from hotel. They have great burgers and very cool atmosphere. Link to their website:

http://www.brauerhouse.com/

FishFanMan
07-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Thumbs up Brauerhouse!

Wes
07-17-2016, 08:18 AM
From all of members of the MWDA.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/xeriod/mwda%20long_zps7lvr6vm8.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/xeriod/media/mwda%20long_zps7lvr6vm8.jpg.html)

Thank you for coming to NADA 2016 Chicago, we hope you had a good time.

John_Nicholson
07-17-2016, 10:09 AM
A even bigger thanks to the members of MWDA. Y'all did a great job putting on the show.

-john

Pompadour Discus
11-24-2016, 10:07 PM
Is there going to be a NADA show for 2017? When will the info be provided for that?

LizStreithorst
11-24-2016, 10:18 PM
It's every two years. The next will be in 2018.