PDA

View Full Version : THis is so cool! Purple octopus discovered.

brewmaster15
03-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Amazes me, We have so much still to explore and Discover on this little planet of ours. Scientists are still finding new species... but this one is just beautiful. It really looks so different from any other octopus discovered. Makes me think of an alien lifeform!

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/explorations/ex1603/dailyupdates/media/video/dive_1/ex1603_dive1_022716.html

really a beautiful creature!

al

Second Hand Pat
03-05-2016, 09:05 AM
That is a pretty cool little octopus (guessing little from the video). It still blows me away that we are still discovering new plant and animal species. :D:D
Pat

Phillydubs
03-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Wow!! Super cool! TFS

DJW
03-05-2016, 01:06 PM
I just learned that Octopuses have blue, copper-based blood. Like Spock.:)

mee
03-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Nice find!

rickztahone
03-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Very cool Al, tfs

Discus-n00b
03-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Two things I hope happen during my time left on earth. Fully explore the depths of our oceans and land humans on Mars/find life outside of this planet. There is so much left to the ocean, yet seems like so little interest in going to look for it.

mee
03-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Two things I hope happen during my time left on earth. Fully explore the depths of our oceans and land humans on Mars/find life outside of this planet. There is so much left to the ocean, yet seems like so little interest in going to look for it.

Have you seen this http://news.discovery.com/space/alien-life-exoplanets/has-kepler-discovered-an-alien-megastructure-151014.htm Of course it could simply be an unknown natural phenomenon, or...??!! I have also heard many astronauts have seen some sorta space worms (think deep ocean critters), but rarely like to talk about it. I saw an interview once with an astronaut of the older day briefly and casually mentioning it like 'yeah we see these things floating through space sometimes, but never really know what they are".

BTW, I would add to the list either rediscover or recreate the Thylacine, and clone the mammoth

blueluv
03-08-2016, 02:58 AM
Amazed at how beautiful it is and that there's so much undiscovered territory and life in the ocean