PDA

View Full Version : A few new pics

Cosmo
03-07-2016, 04:21 PM
All the fish are coming along great, so I thought I'd put up a couple of new pics while the tank refilled - was hoping to catch some better pics but these came out ok, mostly wanted to show
1 - The White Butterfly has developed the most awesome black corona on the very tips of her Dorsal and Anal fins - plus - her Caudal fin is black too - just stunning! Naturally as soon as the camera came out she had to turn slightly :(
2 - A pic of the Albino Super Red Marlboro (aka "Smokes") - just beautiful :)
3 - a decent pic of Jeckel and Hyde (the Heckels) but they're in the shadows :( I think the pic shows off the red hue of their bodies and their Heckel bars very nicely.

note :( There is apparently some drip marks on the aquarium, the vertical lines on Smokes and the Heckels are not on the fish Didn't see them until after the pics.. next time I'll clean the front of the tank better first :p

Unfotunately my male Doberman Buddy has noticed the fish so every now and then I find nose marks halfway up the tank. While I was doing my WC last night he did it in front of me and got reprimanded (was going to say he caught a ration of **** but changed it in case the censor software is still active lol).. think he gets a kick out of watching the fish react :( Have to break him of that habit :p

Akili
03-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Nice collection Jim, my four legged walking catfish(that's what my wife calls him) wants the beef heart mix.

Phillydubs
03-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Damn those Heckles look amazing!! Ugh, killing me here Jim!

Rapture
03-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Looove the Heckels.

Braydon00
03-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Nice looking fish! Really like the white butterfly and heckels. I hope you keep us updated on their progress, great work so far.

Dudley Eirich
03-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Very nice fish and set-up. The Heckels look right at home.

Cosmo
03-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone.. I loove the Heckels too, I've always had a soft spot for Heckels though. So far so good, everyone's eating and looking healthy, one couple has spawned and a few other males are looking for ladies to do the same with. Makes for great intertainment lol

Keith Perkins
03-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Jim - any thoughts of bringing any of them to the NADA show?

Cosmo
03-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Jim - any thoughts of bringing any of them to the NADA show?

Hey Keith, no plans to do so - the tank they're in has a Eurotop which means it's a royal PITA to remove one without distressing all the inhabitants, plus I always figured all the moving etc was too stressful of a thing to do to one of my little babies :p

Keith Perkins
03-08-2016, 12:12 PM
...plus I always figured all the moving etc was too stressful of a thing to do to one of my little babies :p

Oh man, one of those guys.

Cosmo
03-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Oh man, one of those guys.

Do I detect a thinly veiled statement of contempt? So, you're one of those huh? lol

Phillydubs
03-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Care to tell us about the tree's and stumps in there?

FTS Please ;)

Cosmo
03-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Care to tell us about the tree's and stumps in there?

FTS Please ;)

This is going to disappoint the hell out of you, but those are phony trees/stumps - made of I don't know what? Bought at PetSmart I don't know how many years ago. Thinking about pulling the big one out and putting two more breeding cones in lol
Not sure what FTS stands for... ???

melita
03-08-2016, 06:30 PM
I think the tree stumps look fine there are no sharp pieces to hurt the discus .I really like the white butter fly ya the red stands out .

Phillydubs
03-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Damn ... Fooled the hell out of me! I think they look cool... A lot of time that phony stuff gets in tanks and ages a bit and takes on a nice real look as what seems in this case. I like it!

That's a big tank right? You don't need a bunch of breeding cones... If you see activity get your suites set up ;

FTS= full tank shot ;)

Cosmo
03-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Damn ... Fooled the hell out of me! I think they look cool... A lot of time that phony stuff gets in tanks and ages a bit and takes on a nice real look as what seems in this case. I like it!

That's a big tank right? You don't need a bunch of breeding cones... If you see activity get your suites set up ;

FTS= full tank shot ;)

Actually, a lot of people have thought they are real, and tbh I like the look of them too. Amazing how they've held up over the years - thanks, glad you like it too :) FTS is kind of like FFN? :p Tough to get a full shot cause of where it sits. It's a 180gal and one corner sits under the stairs, and there really isn't a good angle. I've taken a few so I'll put up the best I can find :)

I've added a few fish since this was taken, but it's about as close to an FTS as I can get. The foam filter is for the breeder that sits just to the left of the tank, out of sight hidden by the stairs

Phillydubs
03-08-2016, 11:43 PM
Sweet! Love the look I wouldn't change a thing... Maybe just add a few more discus !! Hah

Cosmo
03-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Sweet! Love the look I wouldn't change a thing... Maybe just add a few more discus !! Hah

Thanks Phil :)