PDA

View Full Version : Flourish

Crockett
03-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Is this product safe with Discus, only asking because most posts cover "Excel Flourish" but not straight "Flourish". I just don't want to take any unnecessary risks,

woopaul5
03-10-2016, 12:10 AM
I've used it in the past but didn't care for it. I just dosed potassium and iron and everything was thriving with no problems to my discus

Filip
03-10-2016, 04:08 AM
I haven't use it first hand but i am very confident in quallity and safety of Seachem products.
I use DIY trace/micro elements along with macro with no Ill effects so far.
BTW. This product is trace nutrients plant supplementation while flourish excel is a liquid CO2 supplement for plants.

jeff12
03-10-2016, 04:46 AM
Is this product safe with Discus, only asking because most posts cover "Excel Flourish" but not straight "Flourish". I just don't want to take any unnecessary risks,

I used it for one day, kind of an experiment. I did half of a dose after a water change to test if it would affect the discus. The discus were slow and tired for the whole day with the Flourish dose. After I did a water change, the were back to their normal selves. These were tested with juveniles. IME, I wouldn't use it, it if your growing out.

Crockett
03-10-2016, 08:40 PM
I used it for one day, kind of an experiment. I did half of a dose after a water change to test if it would affect the discus. The discus were slow and tired for the whole day with the Flourish dose. After I did a water change, the were back to their normal selves. These were tested with juveniles. IME, I wouldn't use it, it if your growing out.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I tried the product but it was not in a discus tank and at that time there was something that just didn't appear right with the fish, so I thought I would ask. I'm really glad I did ask, because I just recently purchased 6 new Discus and they are doing remarkably well and I just don't want to try anything that is not ideal.

pitdogg2
03-11-2016, 10:25 AM
I've used it in the past but didn't care for it. I just dosed potassium and iron and everything was thriving with no problems to my discus

I'll second this. I didn't care for it as I seen no results that looked favorable to me. I used it for a year with absolutely no problems with my fish what so ever. I stopped all but the Excel then started adding it back without potassium and Iron. Now I just use Excel and the potassium and iron I find both of these necessary for good growth. I do use the tablets I push in the gravel 3X a year.

jdhuyvetter
03-17-2016, 09:31 AM
I use it with no problem on my discus/plant tank. But, I do not dose once a week. I figured out the weekly dosage for my tank and then divided by 7. so, I dose a much smaller amount, but do it every day.