PDA

View Full Version : going from ro to tap

dellis
03-15-2016, 02:12 PM
right now i do a 50/50 mix if i wated just go back to regular tap how much should i start decreasing ro.
or is it best to just stay 50/50

tap
tds over 400
ph 8.1

Thanks

John_Nicholson
03-15-2016, 02:14 PM
decrease the ro buy 50%.......

No B.S. it should be fine.

-john

Filip
03-15-2016, 02:19 PM
I would stick with the good old "Do not fix it if it ain't broke " rule.
But if you like to switch anyway, go gradually by 10% on every other WC.

John_Nicholson
03-15-2016, 02:22 PM
No reason at all to go slow. Do it all at once. I do it all the time. You think there is someone in the Amazon making sure that the water parameters don't change by more than 10% a day?

-john

Filip
03-16-2016, 03:39 AM
No reason at all to go slow. Do it all at once. I do it all the time. You think there is someone in the Amazon making sure that the water parameters don't change by more than 10% a day?

-john

I've allways thought that we should gradually acclimatise discus to new enviroment and changes in parameters.
This is rather encouraging information .

dprais1
03-16-2016, 11:44 AM
when I was trying to get pairs to breed I used pretty much straight RO water until I had eggs hatch. As soon as the eggs hatched I switched back to regular tap water (aged). The parents and the newly hatched fry never seem bothered at all.

I think if newly hatched (less than 24hour old) fry can handle it adults can too.

at least ime

Filip
03-16-2016, 08:21 PM
when I was trying to get pairs to breed I used pretty much straight RO water until I had eggs hatch. As soon as the eggs hatched I switched back to regular tap water (aged). The parents and the newly hatched fry never seem bothered at all.

I think if newly hatched (less than 24hour old) fry can handle it adults can too.

at least ime

TFS your first hand experience Dprais . Its sure prove the point 100 %.