PDA

View Full Version : Good thing I was there

Cosmo
03-17-2016, 10:06 AM
Was at the local LFS picking up supplies for the dogs, and a couple of 21 high tanks for use as breeders. The girl behind the counter asked what kind of fish I was going to put in the tanks so I explained to her they were for Breeding Discus. "Oh, I love Discus" she says, " I was thinking about getting some for my tank but I heard they like very alkaline water" :p I told her, no, they actually like acidic water and they are a lot of work - she's no longer thinking about getting Discus :p

Keith Perkins
03-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Ah, but they're a labor of love Jim. Though admittedly it is a love hate relationship sometimes.

Akili
03-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Similar story, I was watching some wilds at local fish store not too long ago, a young couple went by behind me and heard the young man say to the lady with him "Don't even look at them, they are saltwater fish"

Iowa_Discus
03-17-2016, 10:51 AM
Similar story, I was watching some wilds at local fish store not too long ago, a young couple went by behind me and heard the young man say to the lady with him "Don't even look at them, they are saltwater fish"

lol

rickztahone
03-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Jim, you should have asked her to join the forum to be more well informed so she can help customers better :)

Cosmo
03-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Jim, you should have asked her to join the forum to be more well informed so she can help customers better :)

She was rather young and dingy - probably having a tough time helping herself :p lol