PDA

View Full Version : American Greed

Cosmo
03-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Shot a scene last Monday for the TV show American Greed. Not sure yet when it'll be on TV but I suspect it won't be too long from now ... shot it at a pancake house and had a great breakfast while we were doing the scene. I play a lawyer out to get a sleazy con man lol

It's on CNBC but I'm not sure what night or time yet

warblad79
03-27-2016, 06:55 PM
I love that show, I watched season 1-6. I just can't believe people would do despicable things for the sake of money and most of them are really smart people.

mee
03-27-2016, 07:06 PM
They did a test not too long ago, and it showed many rich people on wallstreet are genuine Sociopaths. Often those that succeed in high finance, are
those that have no guilt or remorse for their actions, much like serial killers. Messed up, but true.

Cosmo, congrats on the role!

John_Nicholson
03-28-2016, 08:15 AM
Never seen the show but will ook to see if I can find it.

-john

Akili
03-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Jim Congrats on the role! very soon Hollywood bound!

rickztahone
03-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Here I thought the thread may be a time-bomb. Turns out, its a TV show! Will look out for this one too Jim :)

May I ask, as someone living in Chicago, as an actor, does Hollywood or NY call out to you as far as acting is concerned, or is Chicago a big contender in this business as well to make the call to the "acting" zones less tantalizing?

Cosmo
03-29-2016, 11:20 AM
Here I thought the thread may be a time-bomb. Turns out, its a TV show! Will look out for this one too Jim :)

May I ask, as someone living in Chicago, as an actor, does Hollywood or NY call out to you as far as acting is concerned, or is Chicago a big contender in this business as well to make the call to the "acting" zones less tantalizing?

There is a great deal of work for Actors in Chicago both on camera and theater, though the vast majority of the "stars" that are in each episode of a program are cast through Los Angeles. In episodic TV shows Chicago actors are normally cast only for "utility" roles (like mine, which enabled the Alderman to shut down Casey in Fire) with the best chance of making big money being cast as a national spokesperson in a commercial (hasn't happened yet :( lol) From what I've been told by someone who I think should know there are very few Chicago Actors that work steadily enough to make good enough money to live off that income alone. New York is where the big money is in theater, Los Angeles for film and TV. Neither have called my agent yet hahahaha

rickztahone
03-29-2016, 02:22 PM
There is a great deal of work for Actors in Chicago both on camera and theater, though the vast majority of the "stars" that are in each episode of a program are cast through Los Angeles. In episodic TV shows Chicago actors are normally cast only for "utility" roles (like mine, which enabled the Alderman to shut down Casey in Fire) with the best chance of making big money being cast as a national spokesperson in a commercial (hasn't happened yet :( lol) From what I've been told by someone who I think should know there are very few Chicago Actors that work steadily enough to make good enough money to live off that income alone. New York is where the big money is in theater, Los Angeles for film and TV. Neither have called my agent yet hahahaha

Don't fret Jim, it can happen! If you had the choice (theoretically), which would you choose, NY (heavier in to theater) or Hollywood (Film & TV)?

Cosmo
03-29-2016, 07:50 PM
Don't fret Jim, it can happen! If you had the choice (theoretically), which would you choose, NY (heavier in to theater) or Hollywood (Film & TV)?

Being the greedy ******* that I am, I'd go with LA, more money in film than theater lol

rickztahone
03-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Being the greedy ******* that I am, I'd go with LA, more money in film than theater lol

lol. You'd fit right at home in LA!

Cosmo
03-31-2016, 06:48 PM
lol. You'd fit right at home in LA!

Lived there for almost 18 years ... not a great place to live unless you have a LOT of money lol ... New York, more expensive yet the theater pays much less .. a no brainer really lol unless you're a purist, not a greedy ******* like me :p

LizStreithorst
03-31-2016, 07:52 PM
Stay where you are. You are getting parts. You aren't going in cold without a resume. You are good. They'll use you when you fit the role.

Cosmo
03-31-2016, 09:17 PM
Stay where you are. You are getting parts. You aren't going in cold without a resume. You are good. They'll use you when you fit the role.

lol, I have no intention of going anywhere .. at least for a few years and it will probably not be either NY or LA. I was merely responding to a hypothetical question my dear ;)