PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for buying Discus online

Dam777
04-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Looking for some info on buying discus on line. Purchased five fish from Macs Discus about a year ago and while they arrived in good shape they where hardly what i was expecting in quality, only one was as advertised and that was a stretch. I have since bartered all but one to my LFS and would like to replace them with something of quality. LFS's in my area really don't have interest in keeping quality discus, more the cheaper garden variety. Thanks in advance for the help.

Akili
04-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Look at SimplyDiscus sponsors one othem will help you find what you want http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?42-SimplyDiscus-Sponsors

Discus-n00b
04-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Look at SimplyDiscus sponsors one othem will help you find what you want http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?42-SimplyDiscus-Sponsors

Couldn't agree more. All of the sponsors on this site are vetted and hand selected by our Admin Al for quality and customer service. Check out their individual sections for their specifics sales and strain lists. Feel free to reach out to any of them, I'm sure they will be glad to answer any specific questions you have and to help ease your nerves about getting it right this time around. It's hard to go wrong with any of them. Depending on your location you may find one within driving distance to hand pick fish yourself!

alron2
04-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Eric at Carolina Discus has some really nice 3.5 inch discus for $25. With shipping prices approaching $100 it would probable be worth driving. I have found Eric very helpful and easy to work with.

Ron

warblad79
04-02-2016, 05:51 PM
SD is not just a forum but also a market place for best quality discus as well cheaper price for supplies. I rather pay shipping than buying from my LFS here in my are.

Phillydubs
04-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Also if I were you u would get rid of or sell that last discus. Clean that tank out real good and start all over...

If you are going to spend the coin and do it right from a sponsor I would go fresh and start from scratch.

Akili
04-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Also if I were you u would get rid of or sell that last discus. Clean that tank out real good and start all over...

If you are going to spend the coin and do it right from a sponsor I would go fresh and start from scratch.This make a lot of sense,No worries about quarantine.You will save both in time and money if you order adults or sub-adults.Bonus is quality fish.

Dam777
04-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Thx for all the advice. Will be contacting sponsors to find the best match for me.