PDA

View Full Version : where to get discus online near cincinnati ohio

mattlawson25
04-03-2016, 10:02 AM
I was looking to get some discus online what would be a good strain to start with and a good place to get them in ohio

Akili
04-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Look at SimplyDiscus sponsors one of them will help you find what you want http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?42-SimplyDiscus-Sponsors

Altum Nut
04-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Look at SimplyDiscus sponsors one of them will help you find what you want http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?42-SimplyDiscus-Sponsors

+1

The strain in question is solely dependent on a color of choice your out to achieve. There much useful info provided in the Discus Basics for Beginner's Sticky you might want to read up on.

...Ralph

Mad357
04-06-2016, 04:22 PM
you can get discus online from just about anywhere in us. shipping is affordable & most if not all sd sponsers will ship next day. considering the time it takes to drive + gas + stop for food its well worth the price. time to start lookin. good luck, mike d.

Las Vegas
04-07-2016, 05:23 PM
I was looking to get some discus online what would be a good strain to start with and a good place to get them in ohio
Oh are you kidding? The Discus show is right around the corner. Wait, go to the show and buy from there!

jack
04-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Hey Matt,

I actually just looked up a few stores in and around Cincinnati where there are discus and went to these stores yesterday. 4-7-16

Well, only Two had them.

Wet Pets(9161 pippin rd)
The store is a bit old and not in great shape, but he has three tanks of discus ranging from like 3"-6" along with two pairs "not proven" just eggs.
He gets his discus from vietnam. I wouldn't say the best of qualities. some nice ones though.

All about Pets (9285 cincinnati columbus rd)
This store is decent. has one tank of discus around 10? all around 3"-4"? has a good strain of pigeon blood here (2-3 discus) he gets them from a friend near chicago.

This place has 99cent blackworms (really cheap compared to other places)
Monfort Aquarium & Pets (6520 Colerain Ave)
they have a nice staff with freshwater and salt water and decent selection of plants.

or you can buy discus online from the more famous sponsors here in the forum. Sure to get quality through them. (I personally haven't yet)

Hope this helps!

Jack

jack
04-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Oh are you kidding? The Discus show is right around the corner. Wait, go to the show and buy from there!

And where is this show?? In Ohio??

Sorry for the double post.

Lighthouse7
04-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Kennys discus just received a shipment call him check his sponsor page you can't go wrong ordering from him or any of the sponsors on SD - Lighthouse

Keith Perkins
04-08-2016, 01:14 PM
And where is this show?? In Ohio??

Sorry for the double post.

Chicagoland, click on the picture below for the details.

jack
04-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Chicagoland, click on the picture below for the details.

noooooooo. I'll be out of the country :'( maybe next year.