PDA

View Full Version : My 125G Tank as of 04/04/2016

farebox
04-04-2016, 09:48 AM
While having my cup of coffee this morning took a shoot of the crew from my main man Discus Han's (14). All is going great in this tank, also the Red Scribblets spawned on the slate in the corner yesterday. Check it out: https://youtu.be/LCraoMdPkVM

Phillydubs
04-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Awesome Roland! I really like the tank, those potted plants look super nice and healthy! Is it really easy to care for them in those pots? Do they foul the water or cause any algae issue. I think I may have to try that out at some point.

Love your background and the way you added some branches to the water. It mixes so well with the background and really makes your tank look twice the size, kinda a trippy 3D feel going on!

Looks like you have various sizes in there. Any issues getting the smaller guys to grow or eat when they are competing w the titans for foods?

farebox
04-04-2016, 10:37 AM
To answer your questions, this tank is easy to clean and maintain, I do 50%+ WC every other day and siphon the bottom of tank. The plants are amazon swords, so I use Seachem root tabs once a month and dose the tank weekly with Seachem flourish. No algae problem, use an product called Vibrant every two weeks to control any algae,(For freshwater aquariums, brightens and cleans in as little as 12 hours/Underwater Creations.com). During feeding time I spread out the food for all to get some, Al's FDBW and Han's discus flake, twice daily. Also turn off the return pump during feeding time to reduce any food being sucked into the sump. Yeah there are varies sizes in there, but all are one big happy family. The background I got off Ebay for around $7.99 (72"L x 19"H), regular aquarium paper background.

Phillydubs
04-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all the info and answering my questions! I may be picking your brain soon about those potted plants~!

Yours are really nice and look so lush!!

Great tank!

Akili
04-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Attractive, pretty, good-looking,if I come up with more descriptive words I will surely post !

Braydon00
04-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Your fish and tank look great! Love the plants as well. Quick question, how do you like Vibrant? Ive been considering trying it but wanted feedback before hand. Thanks!

Boyd Luth
04-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Very nice Roland :-) I have had several different sized tanks during my time in the hobby. The 125 being my favorite. Easy to clean. My 160 has the driftwood posed in the same manner, and I have always turned my pumps off while feeding. Also have potted as well as sand bottoms for my plants, depending on which tank. I am slowly siphoning the sand/eco substrate out in favor of easier cleaning. I have entertained the tile bottom, or painted ( underneath/outside ) bottom next break down of tanks. Nice job.

Jack L
04-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Nice. What are the age differences? Asking as seeing some smalls and bigs