PDA

View Full Version : Update!

Mattgrizzlybear
04-06-2016, 06:32 AM
Here's a little update while I was doing a water change. I got my discus 2 Fridays ago (3-25-16) and have been so happy with them. I was worried about having to go on vacation a week afterwards but they all did fine. I left monday after a big water change and got back Sunday, dud another water change and no problems at all! There are 8 Cobalts from Hans in my 55 which i plan to upgrade to a 125 that i have in my basement just waiting to set up when they reach 4-5" and then hopefully breed them. They are still very skittish and hide in the corners a lot but they sure do love the flow of the output of the canister! It's funny to watch them swim up in a group and "play" together. So far my experiance with discus has been great and i look forward to what comes in the future! Just one thing, they seem to not be eating very much but I'm thinking it may be because they are fairly new to the tank. I made my own beefheart mix which ill add pics but how much of the beefheart should i feed especially to grow them out. Thank you everyone for your help and support and just everything. Here's the pics http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/mattgrizzlybear/library/Discus -Matt

Akili
04-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Growing out Discus need to be fed 3 to 4 or even more times a day. I feed homemade beef heart mix half an hour before water change as beef heart mix sometimes gets the tank messy,how much will depend on how much they will eat in half an hour.Break of a chunk about half an inch square the first time and that will determine how big a chunk you need to add at feeding time.