PDA

View Full Version : Waterlife Octizone for cotton woll on My Discus

siral
04-07-2016, 05:41 AM
Hi can you give me some advice i noticed on one of my discus cotton wool like on my fish, so i checked on here and saw information on it (discus plague) due to me living in the uk some of the stuff i saw i could not get so i checked on some uk listings and i read to use Waterlife Octozin and Interpet no.9.
I got the Octozin and the no.9 and read the postage stamp instructions on the octozin, i put the recomended amount of tablets in and the right amount of no.9 but this is the how to use:

Frequency of treatment
use on days 1,2 &3

this is basically it.

I know with ill discus water treatment is essential so the main question is do i still do the water changes as normal the fish is in a quarantine tank with 90l and re-add the same dose of treatment on day 2 and 3 or can someone advise on how to use this properly and also how much water change should i be using i normally do 10% a day on my big tank but quarnteen tanks i usually do about 30-40% a day is this the right ampount of water change.
thanks for your help

Akili
04-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Increase the water change in the quarantine tank to 50% or more daily and treat the tank with Furan 2

siral
04-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Hi Akili
Iv just checked up on Furan 2 and for some reason it is not for sale in the UK so iv had to order it from the states, but it is no in till Monday the 18th of April. Is there anything else i can use till it arrives.
thanks

Second Hand Pat
04-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Hi Alan, could you please post photos of the fish.
Pat

siral
04-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Hi i need to wait till my son comes in but will load some pics

Akili
04-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Hi Akili
Iv just checked up on Furan 2 and for some reason it is not for sale in the UK so iv had to order it from the states, but it is no in till Monday the 18th of April. Is there anything else i can use till it arrives.
thanksCan you get Seachem SulfaPlex in U.K.Mind you I have never used it but hope someone can chime in if it will work in your case.

Akili
04-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Contact this guys for Furan 2 and see if they have .............. http://www.vitamingrocer.co.uk/aboutus.asp

siral
04-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Hi thanks for that Akili just ordered three packs from them does not say when it will come.
Thank you very much for that will still upload some pics later tonight when son gets in

siral
04-08-2016, 07:25 AM
hi here are some pics of the sick fish
http://imgur.com/a/o97sq

Akili
04-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Hi Allen While you waiting for medication to arrive do large water changes daily. Do not leave any uneaten food half an hour after fed time.By the way, do not know if you have watched this video by the owner of this site, if you have not then spend an hour of your time and watch it
https://youtu.be/VXe3VKh7qF8

siral
04-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Hi i had not just watched it there thanks for that alot of useful information and alot of basic sense that you would not even think about
thanks for all your help i will let you know how my fish does
thansk