PDA

View Full Version : Feeling in the parenting way

Cosmo
04-10-2016, 06:13 PM
The past few days the BDs, which I believe are a pair, have taken to guarding the cube of FDBWs farthest to the left of the tank as though it was a spawn of eggs :p They won't eat it (they'll eat from other cubes) and they won't allow any of the other fish to get even close to it - one tries and all hell breaks loose lol Have their love nest ready but working the next two nights so targetting Wednesday for the move. Hopefully they'll spawn some real eggs and give me some grand children :p I'll probably have to feed them frozen bloodworms so they don't stay attached to their cube of FDBWs hahahaha

dark pic cause the hood is off for maintenance and the lighting kind of sucks :(

Akili
04-10-2016, 08:01 PM
That's strange !

Cosmo
04-10-2016, 08:11 PM
That's strange !

Very, but they protect it like it's their wigglers. In the morning I'll have to reach in and remove it off the wall of the tank, then start the cycle over again when I feed them :p

Cosmo
04-10-2016, 08:14 PM
and now my Mandarin Passion and Albino Yellow Butterfly are spawning on one of the cones in the tank ... a huge spawn.. think I'll move them out into a breeder in the next few days and see what develops .. :p

Akili
04-10-2016, 08:24 PM
and now my Mandarin Passion and Albino Yellow Butterfly are spawning on one of the cones in the tank ... a huge spawn.. think I'll move them out into a breeder in the next few days and see what develops .. :pCongrat and Good Luck. I like to see Mandarin Passion and Albino Yellow Butterfly combination.

Cosmo
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Congrat and Good Luck. I like to see Mandarin Passion and Albino Yellow Butterfly combination.

I'm almost afraid to go upstairs and see what else is going on in the tank :p lol

Cosmo
04-12-2016, 09:57 AM
and now my Mandarin Passion and Albino Yellow Butterfly are spawning on one of the cones in the tank ... a huge spawn.. think I'll move them out into a breeder in the next few days and see what develops .. :p

Either the AYB was just going through the motions or he was shooting blanks, eggs are not fertilized :(

chuckiesmalls
04-15-2016, 01:13 AM
any updates?

Cosmo
04-15-2016, 08:32 PM
any updates?

Well, yeah ... lol 1 egg was fertized by the AYB, which makes me think if I move them into a breeder they'll do better without all the current and interference. I had to move the BDs into a breeder today because they had claimed about 2/3rds of the tank to themselves and were patrolling all the cubes of FDBWs :p At first they were a little stressed, but after I stuck a cube of FDBW wigglers on the glass they calmed down :p Working on more breeder tanks to move some of the others soon.... too much work argh! lol

LizStreithorst
04-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Your BDs have a screw loose.

Cosmo
04-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Your BDs have a screw loose.

LOL, there's no doubt about that lol Miranda calls them the Blue Demons because of the way they pushed the other fish around and patrolled (and protected) the FDBW wiggler cubes :p Once I put a cube in their new home they settled in rather quickly - wouldn't eat it but made them feel better - go figure. So I guess I can only feed them frozen blood worms and/or beefheart and see if they'll produce some real wigglers for me. They have been inseprable for the longest time so I'm thinking they have to be a pair... we'll see. The rest of the fish are happy now that they can roam around the entire tank instead of being herded into one corner :)