PDA

View Full Version : White spot

Kirkl240
04-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Came home from work this morning and noticed a white spot on tail fin of my discus. Fish is acting normal but Unsure what it is. Water levels are fine except nitrate is about 25-30. It's been about 6 days since I did last water change. Sorry pics aren't very good. Any advice would be great.

Phillydubs
04-19-2016, 11:59 AM
You basically answered your own question...

"nitrate is about 25-30. It's been about 6 days since I did last water change."

That discus is screaming, change my dang water!!! Lol... You need to increase and stay on top of your water or this will be the least of your problems...

Consider it a warning shot...

Akili
04-19-2016, 02:47 PM
You basically answered your own question...

"nitrate is about 25-30. It's been about 6 days since I did last water change."

That discus is screaming, change my dang water!!! Lol... You need to increase and stay on top of your water or this will be the least of your problems...

Consider it a warning shot...^^^^^ Can not put it better than this. Daily Water Changes and it will go away in not time No medication need. That white spot tells you that water quality is not up to par, it is screaming Water Change! Water Change!Water Change!

Kirkl240
04-19-2016, 07:02 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly. I will act immediately.

Akili
04-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly. I will act immediately.Kirk, I do not know how long you have been keeping Discus but just incase you are new at Discus I recommend to go through the stickies’ in the Beginners Section and watch this video
https://youtu.be/VXe3VKh7qF8 it is just over an hour long but worth hours of information

P.S. A must read thread form the beginner section http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?86009-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Getting-Started-with-Discus

flutterbug
09-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Does any one know what the white spot actually is? I have had the same Discus for 3 years now and these random white spots occasionally show up and seem to switch from one fish to the next seemingly how a parasite would. I never ask what they are because every time I see a post about it, the answer is water changes. I have been doing 50% to 90% water changes with aged water every other day lately. And a spot showed up on my Discus that just tried breeding. Then when it finally disappeared, the spot it had been on the fin looked torn (which healed in a couple days) and now a different fish has it. I have been doing more water changes than I was before so these spots showed up with better water quality.