PDA

View Full Version : Will it be the odd one?

ksuyen
05-06-2016, 01:59 AM
My setup has 5 red melon discus with no plants, only wood and rocks. There is a very beautiful discus that I want to add into the tank, the problem is, it is eruption discus. Aesthetically wise, what do you think of 5 red melon discus and 1 eruption discus together? They all will be at the same size.

note: my red melon is more of fuji red melon.

Phillydubs
05-06-2016, 09:41 AM
I prefer to do things in at least 2 and similar patterns or color schemes but that is me. You see people with the one of each tanks and people with the single strain tanks.

My own domestic tank now started with 5 leopards, then I added 2 cuperia crosses which had a nice red base, then 2 heckle crosses with a brown/blue base. However, they all seem to blend rather well and it is appealing to me. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... IMO one stand out fish with 5 others that are the same may look odd to me...

I hope you are planning on QT, I am also always weary of adding 1 fish to a group as it may get the brunt of aggression as the newcomer...

Filip
05-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Its a completely subjective matter , but I would go with 2 eruptions instead of 1 .
It would just look more reasonable and even to my eyes that way.

jmf3460
05-06-2016, 10:07 AM
i like the look of one odd ball out. i think its pleasing to the eye.