PDA

View Full Version : Ring Leopards

jeff12
05-06-2016, 06:13 AM
Would a pair of Ring Leopards breed true? How about other leopards?

Do scorpions breed true?

What would a Marlboro x Golden Lollipop look like?

rickztahone
05-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Ring leopards would not. They'd have some regular leopards, turks and ring leopards mixed

nc0gnet0
05-06-2016, 02:11 PM
I will take the second question. In general, they will look a lot like a Marlboro, maybe a touch lighter. From what I have seen, most "Golden Lollipops" tend to turn orange as they age anyways, so it's just an orange Pb x orange Pb, color and pattern will very depending on the hidden genetics of the individuals, but it is an acceptable cross, if even a cross at all.

-Rick

jeff12
05-07-2016, 05:20 PM
I will take the second question. In general, they will look a lot like a Marlboro, maybe a touch lighter. From what I have seen, most "Golden Lollipops" tend to turn orange as they age anyways, so it's just an orange Pb x orange Pb, color and pattern will very depending on the hidden genetics of the individuals, but it is an acceptable cross, if even a cross at all.

-Rick

Would it be a cross worth trying?

How about Carnation Pigeons and Classic Leopards to they breed true?

jeff12
05-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Anyone?

Willie
05-12-2016, 05:59 PM
In my experience traveling through Asia, I frequently see leopards being crossed to RSG's. The breeders won't tell me outright, but I suspect that these fish are paired because the percentage of leopards is much higher by crossing to RSG's, then leopard X leopard.

I would not cross a PB based to a non-PB based fish. Some of these crosses do work, but most of them end up blah!

CliffsDiscus
05-17-2016, 04:08 PM
My experience breeding Leopards is that the spots will start to connect forming a line. Back crossing can help if the breeder still has their last generation. I have crossed F6 back with
F4 just to kept the line going, same with the LSS too.

Cliff