PDA

View Full Version : My discus is Wounded

xxalanxx
05-13-2016, 03:42 PM
When I was doing water changes today, I noticed the blue diamond is wounded. I am pretty he was fine yesterday. I am not sure how he get wounded as there is no sharp object in the tank. My question is do I need to put him in the QT Tank and apply med? If so, what kind of med do I need?

PS: Also noticed a black spot (highlighted in the first photo) near the bottom. Not sure if it's related to the injury though.

Thanks in advance.

Phillydubs
05-13-2016, 03:57 PM
You have no rocks, wood or anything for it to scrape itself on in the tank?

Those look like scrape wounds of some sort to me. Have you noticed any aggression or fighting?

I would not jump to meds at all, that should heal just fine with very clean water. How often do you change water? I would stay on top and try to do big daily changes the next week or for as long as you can until it goes away, you should see improvement rather quickly with proper clean water.

Akili
05-13-2016, 04:23 PM
You have no rocks, wood or anything for it to scrape itself on in the tank?

Those look like scrape wounds of some sort to me. Have you noticed any aggression or fighting?

I would not jump to meds at all, that should heal just fine with very clean water. How often do you change water? I would stay on top and try to do big daily changes the next week or for as long as you can until it goes away, you should see improvement rather quickly with proper clean water. + 1 That ^^^ like Phil mentioned Large Daily water changes .... no need of medication yet.Observe for the next few days if it gets worse then time to take action.

chuckiesmalls
05-13-2016, 07:42 PM
dang..crazy but luckily, fish, including discus actually heal themselves very fast.

If that doesn't get better in 2 days you know there may be a larger problem

xxalanxx
05-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Very fast indeed. In just a week I don't see the wound anymore

Phillydubs
05-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Good to hear! I had a feeling that would heal quickly!

Did you find out what in the tank would cause the wound ?