PDA

View Full Version : where do you all buy your timers,programmers ect

cedar
05-15-2016, 09:05 PM
I live in canada and was wondering what online store or sponsor you all use to get your supplies such as light timers and temperature controllers and the like? :)

LizStreithorst
05-15-2016, 10:06 PM
I buy my light timers from my small town hardware store. I can't afford temperature controllers so I buy Won Heaters from Jehmco. They are cheap and good. I bought my air pump from Jehmco. It is silent and powerful and indestructable I got my in line water pumps from Aquaticecosystems. They are quiet and last forever. I buy my RO supplies from SprectraPure. I buy my fish food from Dan at Aquaticfoods.com (he's a sponsor) and Captain Bob's who is not a sponsor. I buy various things from Big Al's and sometimes FosterSmith.

Jason F
05-16-2016, 01:26 AM
For my lights I just use the timers I can get at the local Walmart. For heater controllers I use the Finnex Max300 which I always pick up on Amazon for about $28.

Altum Nut
05-16-2016, 01:35 AM
Hello cedar here is a thread link with a step by step temp controller set-up from one of our knowledgeable SD members...
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?117110-20-00-Controller-how-to-wiring-(easy)

As for timers...Liz, Jason gracefully mentioned any hardware or big box stores but I'm sure if I can find it somewhere here there might also be a light timer DYI thread.

...Ralph

Akili
05-16-2016, 04:55 AM
For timers I go to Dollar stores like Dollarama can not beat their price $3

cedar
05-16-2016, 11:14 PM
thanks all!! I would really like a light timer for led pods that simulates morning,day, night. also a temperature controller. any suggestions on good ones? :)

cedar
05-16-2016, 11:16 PM
thanks album nut...I saw that and I am going to get my husband to have a look see. :o