PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Hungry Discus!

LukeS
05-31-2016, 08:19 PM
I currently feed my young discus 2 times a day, and on weekends 3 times normally. I feed them bloodworms currently until I find another, more nutritious food that I can find more locally. These discus seem to be always hungry! If I walk anywhere near the tank they go crazy looking for food! Are they not receiving enough food? Or are they just putting on a little show. (P.S. I feed them about 2 mediums sized pinches of bloodworms at each feeding)

Thanks,
Luke

cedar
05-31-2016, 09:57 PM
hey Luke, need more info as in how many fish and what size tank? al's fdbw are what I feed mine.:)

Phillydubs
05-31-2016, 10:15 PM
Blood worms are really not a great food as a staple every day food. They are a nice treat but not a daily. Als fdbw as well as various flakes and pellets will give you what you need daily.

Also not sure what your definition of a pinch is but maybe they aren't getting enough. You should really add more food in and vary their diet.

Where are you from ??

LukeS
05-31-2016, 10:39 PM
Blood worms are really not a great food as a staple every day food. They are a nice treat but not a daily. Als fdbw as well as various flakes and pellets will give you what you need daily.

Also not sure what your definition of a pinch is but maybe they aren't getting enough. You should really add more food in and vary their diet.

Where are you from ??

I'm from Long Island, New York. I can't seem to find a local place to buy frozen beef heart.

LukeS
05-31-2016, 10:40 PM
hey Luke, need more info as in how many fish and what size tank? al's fdbw are what I feed mine.:)
Hello,
I have 8 currently in a 75 gallon. Two around 4 in, then the rest around 2.5. Looking to upgrade the tank soon as they get larger.

LukeS
05-31-2016, 10:42 PM
Hello,
I have 8 currently in a 75 gallon. Two around 4 in, then the rest around 2.5. Looking to upgrade the tank soon as they get larger.

Where can I purchase al's fdbw? I assume online. Forgot to add this in the reply above :)

cedar
05-31-2016, 10:44 PM
brewmaster here on sd, :)

Altum Nut
05-31-2016, 10:55 PM
Where can I purchase al's fdbw? I assume online. Forgot to add this in the reply above :)

Here you go Luke...http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/

...Ralph

Phillydubs
05-31-2016, 11:04 PM
Where on LI?

LukeS
06-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Where on LI?

Middle Island