PDA

View Full Version : Advice need from expert breeder on eggs falling off from cone regularly !!

Md. Shafiqual Alam
06-01-2016, 10:06 AM
I have 6 proven pair those have babies since last year. My problem is all of my pairs are laying eggs but either all turns white or after a day they are falling off from the cone. Usually I did not use mesh protector. Parents are good but after missing eggs several time I though they become crazy and eating egg. But now i am finding that eggs are falling off automatically. Water Parameter is same as before (TDS= 20, PH 7~7.5, temp=29~30c). Using almost 95% RO water. Now it is rain season and average temp is 30c.

Looking for your opinion to over come the problem.

Please help asap.

Allwin
06-01-2016, 10:13 AM
What are you feeding them?

Md. Shafiqual Alam
06-01-2016, 01:44 PM
What are you feeding them?

Thank you for your query. Feeding everyday live tubifex worm (well washed) using cone. usually the tubifex was kept in cone for 24x7 and they eat whenever they like. In breeding tank, my experience that they usually do not want to eat other food like pellet, home made BH. But when same pair in community tank they eat all types of food very aggressively. Also be noted that WC in breeding tank is every alternate day 100% if all ok otherwise do as per need if water/fish doesn't not look good.

When they were successful the feeding was same.

Feeling very upset. Any suggestion about the feeding best practice for breeding pair like what types of food is recommended and how much amount per feeding as well as feeding frequency ? Any advice is highly appreciated.

Allwin
06-01-2016, 03:03 PM
I feed the same always (Home made BH). Just make sure water is clean enough. Your water parameters are over qualified in terms of TDS imo, also reduce the water temperature to 27-28 if possible.

I would say just follow the basics - feed them twice or thrice with BH for couple of weeks and allow them to breed. Hopefully you should see the difference.Good Luck.

Also, what strain you're trying to breed?

Md. Shafiqual Alam
06-06-2016, 02:45 AM
I feed the same always (Home made BH). Just make sure water is clean enough. Your water parameters are over qualified in terms of TDS imo, also reduce the water temperature to 27-28 if possible.

I would say just follow the basics - feed them twice or thrice with BH for couple of weeks and allow them to breed. Hopefully you should see the difference.Good Luck.

Also, what strain you're trying to breed?

Thank you very much for your suggestion & I am truly sorry for late response. Presently I have 2 pairs of proven PB (M:melon, F:red-panda;M:melon, F: malboro-red) 1 pair of turq (M:red turq, F: leoppard); 3 pair of cross (M:flora turq , F:red-yellow-white-ghost non-pb, never see a peeper; M: Yellow-PB, F: Yellow albino; M:red alenqure, F: RGD ) & some more newly bonding pair (M: Brilliant blue & F: cobalt blue, M: Red Turq & F: blue Turq, M: white-ghost & F: LSS)

Anyway, I have already started providing different food, @morning giving Hikari bio gold pellet and @night giving very small amount of frozen BF. I am little afraid that BH pollutes water very fast and 100% need w/c everyday.

Please advise me on BH feeding process that u follow for breeding tank and how do u manage water when u feed BH. Any further tips and tricks to maintain good health of breeding pair.