PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Cosmo
06-05-2016, 07:25 PM
About a month ago, My Albino Yellow Butterfly (aka Butthead) died suddenly. I knew he needed treatment and I had just ordered some meds from Jehmco but never got to treat him in time. In truth, I don't think it would have mattered. Up until the very end he had all his fins spread out proudly, was facing down the other males, and showing interest in spawning .. only real outward signs he was sick was a large bump in the middle of his body that had been there for some time. He was eating, but not as heartily as the others, but none the less, looked healthy other than the bump. Found him floating about 30 minutes after I had seen him going head to head with the Albino Pigeon.

R.I.P. Butthead :(

All other fish are healthy and growing like weeds .. wonder what that bump was? Anyone have any educated ideas on that?

Second Hand Pat
06-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Sorry to hear Jim :(
Pat

Altum Nut
06-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Sorry Jim...
R.I.P. Butthead :angel:

...Ralph

sayid
06-06-2016, 06:39 AM
sorry to hear about your loss ,similar thing happened to my discus a year ago and i send him for an autopsy and the results came as a tumor ( possibly cancerous ) . I could have spend more money to investigate it further but i did not .R.I.P Butthead .

brewmaster15
06-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Hey Jim,
Sorry to hear Butthead passed way! :( Sounds like a tumor. Never fun when you lose one of your favorites.
Al

rickztahone
06-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear Jim :(

Cosmo
06-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Thanks all ... he looked great (except for the bump) right up until he died .... he had a cool personality and had spawed with a couple of different females - always ready to jump in and do his duty :p