they look great Pat

Second Hand Pat
06-08-2016, 07:47 AM
they look great Pat

Thanks Damian, they are still sometimes shy but really becoming social. :D
Pat

William1
06-08-2016, 08:28 AM
I like that kinda party. Very nice. Should color up quite a bit more, no?

Second Hand Pat
06-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Maybe William, the current lighting does not show their true blue but they are comforable and that is the important thing for now. :)
Pat

jmf3460
06-08-2016, 09:33 AM
very lovely fish Pat, as are all your fish.

Phillydubs
06-08-2016, 09:41 AM
You had me for a second Pat... I was expecting a thread with some sad "wild" discus from a lfs or craigslist that looked like a total football... Then I got worried that one of yours was taking an odd shape...

You fooled me!! Lovely discus! I am really a fan of these... I was all about wild reds but after seeing these guys lately, I dunno... I may be swinging to the Heckle side!

jmf3460
06-08-2016, 09:58 AM
You had me for a second Pat... I was expecting a thread with some sad "wild" discus from a lfs or craigslist that looked like a total football... Then I got worried that one of yours was taking an odd shape...

You fooled me!! Lovely discus! I am really a fan of these... I was all about wild reds but after seeing these guys lately, I dunno... I may be swinging to the Heckle side!

still don't compare to the greens like we have Phil. :)

Second Hand Pat
06-08-2016, 10:22 AM
very lovely fish Pat, as are all your fish.

Thank you Jacklyn, how are your wild greens doing?
Pat

Second Hand Pat
06-08-2016, 10:24 AM

Hehe, didn't mean to mislead Phil. The title seemed right the way they were eating that cube. :D
Pat

William1
06-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Hello Pat - I just thought I would ask, if it's ok, how does John's stock of wild discus look? I have a tank ready and am looking for 6 new guys. Your heckels look perfect. I want those guys or his Med Tefe greens. Least expensive, healthy, beautiful wild discus fish available. I have emailed John of course, but any inside scoop? Does he have da fish?
Mostly kidding, cheers, BK

Phillydubs
06-16-2016, 12:46 AM
Pat - would love an update !!

William - don't you have wilds from John that you were lookig to sell?

Second Hand Pat
06-16-2016, 06:50 AM
Hello Pat - I just thought I would ask, if it's ok, how does John's stock of wild discus look? I have a tank ready and am looking for 6 new guys. Your heckels look perfect. I want those guys or his Med Tefe greens. Least expensive, healthy, beautiful wild discus fish available. I have emailed John of course, but any inside scoop? Does he have da fish?
Mostly kidding, cheers, BK

Hi William, I have only been to John's place once and as Ryan posted he had a fair amount of odds and ends of wilds left from when he have larger groups from one location. Do you see Ryan's fish? They were quite nice. As for myself I love the heckels I brought back and the heckels he has just gotten in were fantastic.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
06-16-2016, 06:54 AM
Pat - would love an update !!

William - don't you have wilds from John that you were lookig to sell?

Hey Phil, these guys are doing very well. As a group they have become way more social and eat like pigs. Two in the group are always front and center and the other two are a bit more reserved. I tend to slowly around they as they will still occasionally spook. I will put up a video tonight.
Pat

William1
06-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Hi Pat - I think I remember you got the 'brilliant blue heckels'. We'll see what John says on availability. I emailed him.
Yes Phil, I am off the ledge now. Was worried about money. Things always work out. I should have figured that out by now. My guys aren't going anywhere. I think they are starting to like their new home. Beautiful, interesting fish. I love them in my planted tank. I've gotten over stressing about their hiding out. I figure, hey, they are wild discus. They have driftwood and big sword plants to hide in when they want to rest. When they come out to play, it is all good. They are getting less shy every day.
We need another video. Wild heckel rugby. Those heckels really have a nice shape to them. Want to see more color! I know they have it.

Second Hand Pat
06-16-2016, 07:15 AM
Hi Pat - I think I remember you got the 'brilliant blue heckels'. We'll see what John says on availability. I emailed him.
Yes Phil, I am off the ledge now. Was worried about money. Things always work out. I should have figured that out by now. My guys aren't going anywhere. I think they are starting to like their new home. Beautiful, interesting fish. I love them in my planted tank.

I did William :)
Pat

William1
06-16-2016, 10:36 AM
I edited my post about ten times. Who cares? We need Wild Heckel Rugby video now!

nofearengineer
06-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Pat, I give you credit for pushing me over the edge to get these brilliant blue heckels too. Yours look amazing and relaxed. I need to order some "footballs" too (gotta check Al's stock!).

My question for you: how much are you feeding them and how frequently? Mine act like they're starving to death, which I suspect is just gluttony.

William1
06-17-2016, 07:24 PM
John got back to me. He has Med Tefe greens and Med Jupurau greens available $45 each. No heckels. I'm doing something different. Anyone who wants wild discus fish, I highly recommend John/Snookn. Like I said, I'm doing something different with my 56 cube, but I'd like to have a group of Jupurau wild fish there. Just sounds cool. They are probably really nice fish too.

nofearengineer
06-17-2016, 10:01 PM
John got back to me. He has Med Tefe greens and Med Jupurau greens available $45 each. No heckels. I'm doing something different. Anyone who wants wild discus fish, I highly recommend John/Snookn. Like I said, I'm doing something different with my 56 cube, but I'd like to have a group of Jupurau wild fish there. Just sounds cool. They are probably really nice fish too.

I can personally recommend the Japuru greens. Mine are already coloring up fantastically. Some are even looking a little red.

Second Hand Pat
06-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Silly Fish. I have another video uploading and will post it shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC_Wp9tWrpA

Second Hand Pat
06-17-2016, 11:52 PM
And after they scared themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLpfz2z0hAk

William1
06-18-2016, 09:50 AM
I like those heckels. A lot. Those greens sound lovely as well. Great hobby. Keeping wild discus fish from the Amazon River region. Very cool.
Engineer dude. Share some pics of your Jupurau greens. I'd like to see that.
Enjoy your weekend! It is beautiful here in Chicagoland. Cheers, BK

robxc80
06-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Very nice Pat. They look great!

neon
07-09-2016, 11:20 AM
You do a really good job with your wilds Pat.

Pardal
07-28-2016, 11:23 PM
Hehe, didn't mean to mislead Phil. The title seemed right the way they were eating that cube. :D
Pat

plus two, Pat I was really intrigue by the title.
Julian

William1
07-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Time for some heckle rugby. Need an update!

Second Hand Pat
07-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Guys, appreciate the comments but ATM I am the 24/7 caregiver for my parents who are undergoing a rough time. The fish are ok however. Please bear with me.
Pat

William1
07-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Geez - life is so tough sometimes. Best of luck and stay strong. Wish I could say something smarter.
I like heckel football. That shall remain brilliant. Cheers, BK

jawfish
07-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear this Pat, our thought are with you... Hoping this turn out for the good

p.s. love the Heckles
Fred

nofearengineer
08-04-2016, 04:36 AM
Sorry to hear that, Pat. Thank you for taking time from your responsibilities to help me recently. I have to keep an eye on my Mom and Stepdad too, though thankfully they are doing fair to middling.