PDA

View Full Version : Blackworms

atteb
06-19-2016, 11:22 PM
How do you get Discus to eat Australian Freeze Dried Blackworms? Mine will not touch them they prefer to eat from the bottom these will not sink any tips greatly appreciated.

Second Hand Pat
06-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Press the worms (cube) to the side of the aquarium glass. Once they try it they will be crazy for the worms.
Pat

two utes
06-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Trust me when l say that your fish will love them.
I had the same problem but now they eat them from the surface without any issues. I tried soaking them in a glass of water before putting them into the tank but that didn't work too well. One thing that you may want to try is placing them into an inverted feed cone just below the surface, or buy them in cube form and press them hard against the glass below the surface. Just don't give up on feeding them Freeze Dried Blackworms

rickmiles
06-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Just press a cube or less on the glass and walk away. Once somebody is brave enough to try it and dash away he will say! hey that's not bad and go back for more, in 2 to 3 days they will all eat like no tomorrow.

Rick Mileski

bamzam
06-20-2016, 01:49 AM
If you have the loose worms, put it in a cup of tank water first. Swish it around and pour the cup in...the worms will stay suspended mid-tank