PDA

View Full Version : Shipping fish.

Beestie
06-20-2016, 12:50 AM
Is it possible to order from the sponsors here if you live in another country? I live in south africa and want to order some fish later on but the logistics seems a bit much. Has anybody thats on here that live in other countries ever order fish from overseas?

warblad79
06-20-2016, 12:57 AM
Most sponsor here only ship domestic but I'm sure it will cost a lot of money if there are sponsor who's willing to ship internationally.

Beestie
06-20-2016, 06:19 AM
Ok thanks, I'm having a hard time finding quality fish over here. My first buy I got lucky, my second batch I got from a local that's breeding them for fun and he only has blue turqs. The LFS that I got my first batch from is OK when It comes to discus, their tanks are always spotless but they are pricey. They got some red checkerboard babies in now that's about an inch long but the eyes are a bit big for my liking and the price is crazy. Its works out to $55 a fish. I don't see myself paying that if they can't tel me how old it is, where it came from and especially if its barley an inch long.

I don't know discus good enough yet to tell the age and know less about pigeon bloods but an inch long fish with colors like that and a big eye tells me its stunted and a high price can't be asked for that. If I have no choice later on, I'll have to consider buying fish of this quality and breed my own so I can grow them out properly but that's decades away.

Second Hand Pat
06-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Wesley, there is a fellow member also from Africa who might be able to give you some leads on discus. His username is Quintin. Drop him a pm and see if he has any ideas.
Pat

Beestie
06-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Shot, will do.