PDA

View Full Version : Is this stunted

kroyin
06-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Such a nice fish.

Indeterminate age, with me for 3 weeks now (didn't measure when I got him/her).

Current size is shade over 4 inch (TL).

The eye looks a tad big in person, though in my untrained eye it looks OK in photo.

Pls let me know of your thoughts

discuspaul
06-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Nice shape - doesn't look stunted, particularly in 2nd photo. 1st pic may be at a misleading angle & distance. Even so, the eye doesn't appear to be overly large.

LizStreithorst
06-20-2016, 04:24 PM
I don't see that it's stunted. the eye is set a bit too far forward. Perhaps that's what you're seeing that disturbs you.

rickztahone
06-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Nice shape - doesn't look stunted, particularly in 2nd photo. 1st pic may be at a misleading angle & distance. Even so, the eye doesn't appear to be overly large.

I don't see that it's stunted. the eye is set a bit too far forward. Perhaps that's what you're seeing that disturbs you.

agree with both. Could it have better shape? Yeah, possibly, but this in my eye is not stunted.

OT, nice kingfisher in your avatar. Did you take the pic?

kroyin
06-20-2016, 09:25 PM
Thank you all for the reassurance.
Really appreciate it.

Ricardo, yes , that's a White Throated Kingfisher.

We have a Mango tree in our backyard , all sorts of interesting characters drop in :-D

rickztahone
06-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Thank you all for the reassurance.
Really appreciate it.

Ricardo, yes , that's a White Throated Kingfisher.

We have a Mango tree in our backyard , all sorts of interesting characters drop in :-D

That is truly amazing. In a photography forum I am part of, we have a famous Kingfisher photographer that travels the world photographing them. Such interesting little birds.

kroyin
06-20-2016, 10:49 PM
True ...my favourites are sunbirds followed by kingfisher. Check my profile (Coppersmith Barbet)

Lucky that my part of the world has both in abundance :-)