PDA

View Full Version : Pure Fire Red Discus.

Exotic-Discus
06-24-2016, 09:38 PM
Has anyone seen or heard of a pure fire red discus, I mean completely Red... Reddish color not orange red.

Phillydubs
06-24-2016, 10:36 PM
Not sure exactly what you are asking for? Fire red is a strain name of a fish... Typically they are more orange in color.

Do you have a picture of what you are looking for? There are some fish that are pretty red/maroon/ deep reds like the ruby sapphire or San merah etc...

Exotic-Discus
06-24-2016, 11:57 PM
Exactly like the title say Pure fire red discus. The color red just like your username. I understand that Fire red is a strain name. Just like you said "Typically they are more orange in color." still doesn't mean that they are Pure red. I also understand what you are saying red/maroon/ deep reds like the ruby sapphire or San merah etc... Those look more like brown red to me rather than pure red. The reason that I ask because I have an opportunity to import a proven breeding pair of those Pure red into the USA for a chunk $$$$$$$. I have been asking around and no one has ever seen one. Thought I will ask on SD. Somewhere someone might have seen one. I have been around the discus hobby and breeding discus for a long time. But thanks Phillydubs for your input.

Ps: the attach color is the actual skin color of the actual discus.

Phillydubs
06-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Ever see that hugely popular thing what color is the dress...?

I can read your title and that's why I responded the way I did because pure fire red to some may be this red or that red. I even get that you posted your red but again everyone sees color differently.

Would be nice to see the pic you speak of and know the history behind it....?

Seeing a block of pixilated red doesn't do much... For me at least. I'd be concerned about who has them and how they got that way... Aka additives.

xmas_dude
06-25-2016, 12:15 AM
Have you seen the red faced golden melons from forest/kenny? Not strictly red but dark orange... the fiamma rossa from kenny is the reddest one ive seen.

Phillydubs
06-25-2016, 12:53 AM
Very nice... I'll take 7...

Exotic-Discus
06-25-2016, 01:06 AM
I agree with you. It is very nice, I talked to various professional breeder in Asia and they tell me that it is a strain that been around a year or so. As you know the professional breeder does not like to go into details. But the fish will be here in the USA in 2 weeks. I got 2 proven pair on its way to me. I do not sell retail. I sell only wholesale. Since it is new strain I just ask around first.

Chicago Discus
06-25-2016, 01:21 AM
I have seen this color many times most from lighting and color enhancers. There are very red solid discus that are in the discus market that don't have the color enhancers that this guy does that are very attractive.......Josie

Exotic-Discus
06-25-2016, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the input Josie. From what I know only one professional Breeder in Asia got whole punch and every one trying to get their hands on one proven pair. The German, The Malaysian Breeder, but I do not know the result. I am paying a premium for these 2 proven pair coming to me in 2 weeks. I want to see them out of the water to see the actual natural color. I even have video but cannot post on the internet as part of the agreement I have with the Breeding Farm in Asia.
This guy is completely red. The whole body, the circle around the eye. When I first saw him, it was like WOW.

Phillydubs
06-25-2016, 01:31 AM
Will be very interesting to see... Hope to hear from you in two weeks and see picture and video from your own personal perspective.

Exotic-Discus
06-25-2016, 01:33 AM
Maybe Christmas will come early this year Phil.

Chicago Discus
06-25-2016, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the input Josie. From what I know only one professional Breeder in Asia got whole punch and every one trying to get their hands on one proven pair. The German, The Malaysian Breeder, but I do not know the result. I am paying a premium for these 2 proven pair coming to me in 2 weeks. I want to see them out of the water to see the actual natural color. I even have video but cannot post on the internet as part of the agreement I have with the Breeding Farm in Asia.
This guy is completely red. The whole body, the circle around the eye. When I first saw him, it was like WOW.

It will be interesting to see them up close and how they breed :)

Exotic-Discus
06-25-2016, 02:08 AM
They do breed true, because i got videos of juvies from 2.5 to 4 inches. That is why I am willing to pay the premium.

Jnewin
06-25-2016, 02:15 AM
Count me in for a purchase! Some beauty there..

Phillydubs
06-25-2016, 07:56 AM
Like I said 7 please! Hahah you have my order now!

Good luck !

rickztahone
06-25-2016, 12:28 PM
This is the reddest I have seen, and these are from Kenny:
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/kennysdiscus02/Kennys%20Discus%20June2016/GM%20red%20face%205.5-%204b.jpg

He is selling them for $158 ea but they were presold here:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?124719-PREVIEW-47-strains-JUNE-2016-Forrest-shipment-(Price-list-included)&p=1216794&viewfull=1#post1216794

DJW
06-25-2016, 12:38 PM
Ricardo, the picture posted here by the OP is the same exact picture to Kenny's in the link you gave. Post #47, 4th picture down.

Exotic-Discus
06-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info Ricardo and Dan. I know if I come to SD I will get the information I need. The picture was send to me by the breeder in Asia and I have been asking around no one knows about it, until I come on to SD. Once again thank you SD.

rickztahone
06-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Ricardo, the picture posted here by the OP is the same exact picture to Kenny's in the link you gave. Post #47, 4th picture down.

you are absolutely right. I had not noticed.

Las Vegas
06-25-2016, 11:33 PM
I was gonna say, I've seen that pic from Kennys pics. I asked to order but soldout and I couldn't even get on a pre-order list! Ha!

Las Vegas
06-25-2016, 11:37 PM
Oh yea exotic-discus, look at Sydney Discus. They sell a really nice full body Red Discus but how to get them from there to here?

bluelagoon
06-26-2016, 04:19 PM
To me the pic looks like it had red added to it.Notice how red the hand appears.It should look more like a shadow.

Phillydubs
06-26-2016, 07:34 PM
If they are from Kenny and forest which I think was established than that photo isn't touched up not is the fish enhanced...

Carolina discus
07-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Well ...lets see these special one of a kind fish??????

Clawhammer
07-05-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't think the image is 'shopped. Look at all the other pics of non-red fish (giant flora cross), same red spots on the hand. Beautiful fish (of course!)!

DISCUS STU
07-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Exactly like the title say Pure fire red discus. The color red just like your username. I understand that Fire red is a strain name. Just like you said "Typically they are more orange in color." still doesn't mean that they are Pure red. I also understand what you are saying red/maroon/ deep reds like the ruby sapphire or San merah etc... Those look more like brown red to me rather than pure red. The reason that I ask because I have an opportunity to import a proven breeding pair of those Pure red into the USA for a chunk $$$$$$$. I have been asking around and no one has ever seen one. Thought I will ask on SD. Somewhere someone might have seen one. I have been around the discus hobby and breeding discus for a long time. But thanks Phillydubs for your input.

Ps: the attach color is the actual skin color of the actual discus.

Unless everyone's monitor is calibrated to the exact same standard, this is done with electronic ICC profiling devices, posting pictures of "actual" colors will be highly variable and will appear differently to most viewers.