PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy: Discus Fry Under 2in. Any Strain @ Senior Citizen Prices!

mcrracer
06-28-2016, 10:24 PM
I would like to buy a group of 3 to 6 Discus fry.Any strains. I want fry mostly because as a disabled, Veteran senior citizen on a very limited budget, I can not afford the prices I have seen listed on various sites. I live in Virginia Beach VA 23454 for shipping purposes. I have a mature cycled tank with no fish currently in it that I can put the discus in. Please let me know by PMs or email if you can help me out. Thank You.

Rteves
06-29-2016, 11:57 AM
I would like to buy a group of 3 to 6 Discus fry.Any strains. I want fry mostly because as a disabled, Veteran senior citizen on a very limited budget, I can not afford the prices I have seen listed on various sites. I live in Virginia Beach VA 23454 for shipping purposes. I have a mature cycled tank with no fish currently in it that I can put the discus in. Please let me know by PMs or email if you can help me out. Thank You.

Hi Mcrracer,
I would like to help you out ! I have 6-8 Discus Fry from my previous spawn that I can give to you for FREE !
It will also help free up my tank for new incoming batch. I like to help out anyone who want to start in this hobby, specially disabled veteran senior citizen on a limited budget. Send me an email, i can give you an estimate for the shipping cost.
Roland
email: rtteves@gmail.com

Phillydubs
06-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Wow Roland! That is extremely kind and generous of you to do such a thing!

Really a grand gesture! I hope he takes you up on your offer!

Poppa Ryno
06-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Great of you, Roland!
Ive gotten discus from Roland and they arrived in excellent condition & are still doing great.

Trac
06-29-2016, 09:30 PM
That is a very generous of you Roland

Dhavalsp
06-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Hi Mcrracer,
I would like to help you out ! I have 6-8 Discus Fry from my previous spawn that I can give to you for FREE !
It will also help free up my tank for new incoming batch. I like to help out anyone who want to start in this hobby, specially disabled veteran senior citizen on a limited budget. Send me an email, i can give you an estimate for the shipping cost.
Roland

such a kind gesture!

rickztahone
06-29-2016, 09:39 PM
Hi Mcrracer,
Roland

The reason why I love Simply so much.

Way to go Roland.

mcrracer
06-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Thanks Roland, email on the way! SD appears to be a fantastic forum of great people. Thanks for all the information on this siteHopefully I can offer some help to someone here. I have over 40 years experience in Freshwater and Saltwater including keeping Discus about 20 years ago.

Exotic-Discus
06-30-2016, 02:49 AM
Hi Mcrracer,
I just saw this thread tonight. Being a veteran myself I do understand your situation, but some of us are a little fortunate than others. I still have some Mid size to large size Discus available from my last month imports and I am willing to ship you 6 of them to a fellow Veteran for FREE. If you are interested in my offer, then please do contact me @discusflowerhornusa@gmail.com and give me your shipping address and I will ship it out to you. You don't have to pay for nothing, just enjoy them.

mcrracer
07-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Simply Discus is simply wonderful.From my above post two guys stepped up to the plate and came thru in spades!!!!
Rteves ( Roland) sent me 8 beautiful fish. Two were laying on their sides at first but perked up within a day or two. Different colored fish...a very nice starter selection. Beautiful color even at those sizes. Thanks publicly Roland , I really appreciate it.Roland paid over half of the cost of shipping. Wow what a deal!
Michael at Exotic-Discus did me one better. Not only did he send six gorgeous Discus, But three of them were HUGE!!!! At least 5 inches! And he PAID for shipping! I don't know strains but there was a red one with a white face and two blue ones. Then three smaller ones. Mike called me on the phone and instructed me at length on acclimating , water chemistry, water changes, temp and feeding. I followed his instructions and both batches of fish are doing great. As a fellow Veteran ,thank you too for serving and Mike you have earned my respect and gratitude.
If these two guys are examples of the people here at SD then I believe I will have a long enjoyment of my fish and my time here at Simply Discus. Pictures will be posted when my son can find the time to take them and post them here for me. Thanks to everyone who responded.
Marlon in Virginia Beach

rickztahone
07-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Marlon, I am glad these 2 members were able to step to the plate. However, this is no rare event that our community has stepped up and helped others that need help. We once again welcome you to our Discus community and hope that you can do right by the discus you were gifted. Let us know if you have any questions, and please post the pictures whenever you can :)

mcrracer
07-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Hopefully here are the pix...99330993319933299333993349933599336

RogueDiscus
07-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Hi! Just wondering if you've made a fish connection.

jmf3460
07-20-2016, 08:10 PM
marlon you are a lucky man. thank you for your services to our wonderful country. just a word to the wise, your small fish look a big less than healthy. they would do much better in a tank without substrate until 5" or more.

mcrracer
07-21-2016, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the advice. I was not sure about those guys when they cam in as I can not see very well anymore so I rely on my son's eyes to help me.