PDA

View Full Version : fry become sick [help please]

Md. Shafiqual Alam
07-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Due to sudden weather change at my city (heavy rain & little temp drop) my fries became sick. Symptom is they are becoming together at corner. Temp dropped approx 4~6deg, now at 26~27c where usually be at 30c+. At morning they were fine and eating bbs like crazy. After 6 hours I came back home and found they are not looking good. Though temp was setting 29c earlier; now set to 32c.

Any suggestions please ?

rickztahone
07-04-2016, 01:50 PM
That temp is rather high. The most I'd go is 86F/30C. Bring that back down. I'd personally keep them closer to 84F/28.8C

Md. Shafiqual Alam
07-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Thanks Ricardo. Down to 30c. Any medication or anything to do? How long usually it takes to recover? Here LFS uses a medicine named "yellow powder" for these types of sickness. Can I use Yellow powder for the fry?

That temp is rather high. The most I'd go is 86F/30C. Bring that back down. I'd personally keep them closer to 84F/28.8C

Altum Nut
07-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Thanks Ricardo. Down to 30c. Any medication or anything to do? How long usually it takes to recover? Here LFS uses a medicine named "yellow powder" for these types of sickness. Can I use Yellow powder for the fry?

Does this "Yellow Powder" have a name? and why would any meds be warranted.
I would do as Ricardo said and lower temp. If they are eating just leave them be and continue regular w/c and monitor.

...Ralph

Md. Shafiqual Alam
07-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Temp down to 28c. I also noticed that BBS was not hatching properly from the same time and all the pairs became behave similar sickness like fry when I did water change from storage. Then I checked the water PH again and found that after heavy rain fall and cloudy weather PH down to 6.0 from 8 for all supply/tape water. Our tape water PH was always fairly stable (7.8 ~ 8) and so not checked PH regularly, always check tds before wc. Still getting around 6. Now I can remember last three year during this time (sudden heavy Rain) I lost many fishes due to same types of sickness. I was thought it may so called "Pleague" disease as well as our LFS said so :(

There for at this moment I am using Baking Soda to rise the PH to 8. Also bring a PH UP solution as backup. But several time in SD I found that it is very risky to play with PH as it may crash.

Presently fries & some pairs looking better but large community tank is not yet recovered.

Now looking for your suggestion regarding the how can I keep stable PH in this situation. What precaution do I need to take for using Soda/PH UP Buffer ?

Rod
07-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Does this "Yellow Powder" have a name? and why would any meds be warranted.
I would do as Ricardo said and lower temp. If they are eating just leave them be and continue regular w/c and monitor.

...Ralph

Yellow powder in asia is tetracycline based antibiotics.

Rod
07-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Shibly, 30c and keep changing the water. Feed according to appetite. Discus at that size can suffer quite badly with this problem, especially if appetite is suppressed. Yellow powder is used to prevent secondary infections, although personally I would only use if symptoms warrant an antibiotic. Salt at 1ppm or more would be good too, to help prevent secondaries....

Altum Nut
07-16-2016, 10:15 PM
Yellow powder in asia is tetracycline based antibiotics.

Thanks Rod.