PDA

View Full Version : NADA Show - problem & disapppointment......

discuspaul
07-05-2016, 02:31 PM
This is just to report that I have recently developed a painful ear infection, as of today I am being treated with antibiotics, and the doctor has advised me against flying.
As a consequence, I have regrettably had to cancel my trip to Chicago.
Needless to say I am very disappointed that I will not be meeting all you fine folks who will be there, and sharing in the fun that I was so looking forward to.
To make matters worse, the flight cost was non-refundable.

I wish all those attending a wonderful trip and time at the show.
Paul

John_Nicholson
07-05-2016, 02:35 PM
I suggest getting a different doctor.....

Man that sucks Paul. I hate to fly even when well so I understand....also why I am driving 13 hours instead of flying for one....LOL. Hope you get to feeling better.

-john

RogueDiscus
07-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Sorry Paul. That's two down this morning! (Pat) I've been dreading something similar happening myself. Ah, the joys of ageing. I hope you at least get a credit.
Steve

DonMD
07-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Sorry I won't get to meet you, Paul, I was looking forward to it. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. -Don

Willie
07-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Hope you make it to the next one, Paul. :sorry:

Second Hand Pat
07-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Sorry to hear that Paul. I've been amped up for weeks to go and it was a real downer to realize I was not going to be able to go so know exactly how you feel.
Pat

yogi
07-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear your not able to make it Paul. I was looking forward to meeting you.

discuspaul
07-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Thank you for the kind thoughts, John, Steve, Don, Willie, Pat & Jerry.
Very sincerely, I was beside myself anticipating meeting all you folks and many others too. Very excited about it.
I'm feeling badly about such a wonderful opportunity lost - hopefully there will be another time !

Discus-n00b
07-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Looking forward to meeting you next time! Get better soon Paul!

Keith Perkins
07-05-2016, 11:33 PM
What some guys won't do to avoid buying a drink...

Kirbs
07-05-2016, 11:35 PM
I was looking forward to meeting you too!

Have you thought about driving? I know it's a long ways, but.......... I just like driving. Drove to both coasts and Calgary!

Hope you are feeling better!

discuspaul
07-05-2016, 11:41 PM
What some guys won't do to avoid buying a drink...

Problem becomes...... now I owe you several drinks - aren't you ashamed of making me feel like that :)

Kirbs
07-05-2016, 11:41 PM
I know.....I'm crazy!

discuspaul
07-05-2016, 11:47 PM
I know.....I'm crazy!

No you're not, Kirby ....... 20 years ago, I would have done it - couldn't handle it today - at my age.'

Altum Nut
07-06-2016, 02:09 AM
Just getting one last look at the forum before getting ready to hit the road and hear this...
Extremely sorry Paul having to deal with this infection and having to miss this event. Additionally that your out on the flight $$$. Your one of many that I was looking forward to meeting.
Take care my friend and only hope were able to touch base at the next show.

...Ralph

Ardan
07-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Really sorry to hear that Paul! Get well soon.

Ardan

Phillydubs
07-06-2016, 09:51 AM
I knew I flat out could not go and even that was a tough pill to swallow as I have wanted to since I heard about the event 2 years ago...

To be booked, ready and excited like this and then to fall ill... so so sorry paul... health first! speedy recovery... ear infections are no joke especially with cabin pressure, so I can see why...

discuspaul
07-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Thanks Phil - you're right - I could imagine the extra added pain from cabin pressure than what is already involved - I'm on heavy-duty pain-killers as it is just now.

rickztahone
07-06-2016, 07:19 PM
I was so looking forward to chatting with you Paul and getting recipes from you :(

Smendez
07-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Paul:

If you give $100 to the pilot, he'll keep the plane at 5,000 ft, and you should be ok.

Otherwise, I'm very sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. I hope you feel better soon.

Saulo

discuspaul
07-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Paul:

If you give $100 to the pilot, he'll keep the plane at 5,000 ft, and you should be ok.

Otherwise, I'm very sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. I hope you feel better soon.

Saulo

Hi Saulo,

LOL :) :) If I hadn't already cancelled the flights, I might have been tempted to try that !!!!!

Carolina discus
07-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Paul and Pat...
I have been feeling like one of the "misfit toys" myself...all 3 times something major came up! we had to change our plans of attending as well....have to put everything back into rebuilding the stock.
Looks awesome from the pics and posts!
Eric

Second Hand Pat
07-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Paul and Pat...
I have been feeling like one of the "misfit toys" myself...all 3 times something major came up! we had to change our plans of attending as well....have to put everything back into rebuilding the stock.
Looks awesome from the pics and posts!
Eric

I hear you Eric. There is some pics and video in the SimplyDiscus FB group.
Pat