PDA

View Full Version : Post vacation routine

gordo33
07-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Just returned home from vacation tonight and per advise from prior post Discus have not been fed for last 11 days. I plan on doing a 50% water change tomorrow evening when I return home from work. Should I fed them tomorrow morning? My usual feeding schedule is 7am then twice after returning home from work. Since they have not been fed for 11 days should I resume the amount I would normally feed or add a little extra.
For those who advised me in a previous post re not feeding while on vacation thanks for the advise but I must say I was a little nervous when I came home. Was glad to see all alive and well. :D

Phillydubs
07-06-2016, 11:59 PM
You can go ahead and feed as normal but make sure you get to a nice big water change.

They may be slow to eat at first. Especially if his is the first time on a fast. Mine always bounce back quick.

Phillydubs
07-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Ps. You did the right thing and I think you now see why. Clean water trumps food in the fish world any day and in the doscus world twice over.

I know the feeling of the nerves and I'm sure most of us here do but you did it right. Keep us posted

Filip
07-07-2016, 03:43 AM
Mine always needs a day or two to come together and start eating again after a long vacation fasting.
So don't panic if they don't seemed interested in food or eating eagerly right away.

gordo33
07-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Ps. You did the right thing and I think you now see why. Clean water trumps food in the fish world any day and in the doscus world twice over.

I know the feeling of the nerves and I'm sure most of us here do but you did it right. Keep us posted
Thanks for quick response . They went right for the food this morning. I will do a water change after work.

@Filip thanks for the support