PDA

View Full Version : Water test report . What do you think ??

artursm15
07-12-2016, 06:17 AM
Hello guys i have found water test report for my tap water .. Just wondering what you guys think about it is it better to treat water like that or leave it .. http://www.rsforsyning.dk/app/webroot/uploads/Nye%20PDF'er/Vandets%20kvalitet%202015/Udvidet2015-Vandvaerk_Oest,_Skjern.pdf

Its in Danish language but most of the staff is straight forward but if need can translate some of the words ..

Waiting for replay ..

Dudley Eirich
07-12-2016, 07:24 AM
I didn't see anything in the report that looked alarming. I know some German so I could figure out most of it but not all. Was there something in it that you are concerned about?

artursm15
07-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Well im not concerned about my water but its allways about fish .. When you ask someone how to keep discus and can i use tap water for this fish answer is allways noo never use tap water .. I just wanted to know is my water from tap safe for my discus ..

Dudley Eirich
07-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Most people do use tap water for their discus. Of course it needs to be dechlorinated either by aging or by adding chemicals. Some people use reverse osmosis water (RO) but that is usually only for breeding purposes and it is usually mixed either with tap water or a mineral mixture. Some tap water contains a fair amount of nitrate, but I the report listed both nitrate and nitrite as very low. Based on that report. I would certainly feel safe using your water for discus.

MD.David
07-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Even if you have "good quality tap water", they test the water directly out of the treatment plant, this report doesn't include the miles/Kilometers of aging water lines going to your taps.
I strongly recommend everyone to use a 2-3 stage inline water filter system prior to aging and or dechlorinating. If you knew what those water pipes looked like inside you wouldn't want to shower in it let alone put your precious discus in it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not some crazy tin foil hat wearing person that thinks we are going to be poisoned or anything, but I do understand the real fact that most city or town water pipes are 60-100 years old, and stuff does leach from it from time to time. Using some form of preventative does seem logical and it could only help in all cases.

gunnerschh2
07-12-2016, 03:32 PM
I have been using tap water for years, lucky it is soft. I use a whole house filter for chlorine & particals.Change it every 2 mths. I do about 1000 gls a week. Worked on water lines for 50 yrs. & i think the gook in the pipes keeps the bad part of the pipe material from leaching. Harry

DJW
07-12-2016, 04:08 PM
It looks like good water to me. After a little finagling I figured out the TDS would be about 165... not real hard, more on the softer side of average.