PDA

View Full Version : Quick Start

Patrick@1
07-15-2016, 12:54 PM
How well do the quick start products work? Like API... It say you can add fish right away. Also any recommendations on what water conditioner to use would be great!

jmf3460
07-15-2016, 02:06 PM
they are all crap. if you think logically about it. how can live nitrifying bacteria live inside a bottle without food, or oxygenation. even if you turn your filter off for a long period of time the beneficial bacteria will die so how could it live in a bottle on a shelf with an extended shelf life. They are basically the same thing as prime or other water conditioners meant to detoxify nitrites ammonias and nitrates. I use prime as my water conditioner. I have well water so IDK why I even use it but nevertheless it keeps me from wondering if by chance something changed with my well water.

the best way to obtain an instant cycle is by adding bb from another tank.

Davidzil
07-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Same way they sell probiotics

GivensOU
07-15-2016, 04:41 PM
I have used them number of times. They work perfectly fine. I like using Fluval Biological Enhancer, and I recently used Seachem Stability. Both work great, just make sure you do your daily water changes.

I had a 150 gallon with 16 adult discus in it. The tank cracked over night and destroyed my filters. Bought a new 150 gallon tank, filter and some Fluval Biological Enhancer the next day. Used Fluval Biological Enhancer and put the discus back in the new tank and never had a problem. Its a great product and highly recommend it.