PDA

View Full Version : ID this discus?

Wbrecosky
07-26-2016, 01:41 AM
I have 2 of these discus and they're identical, I have no idea how they will turn out as I didn't ask to see the adult fish they came from. (Sorry for the stupid slip up on my end.) however in my defense the breeder gave them to me for only an extra 10 dollars when I purchased my 6 red turquoise so I jumped on the opportunity, they were the last two fish in the tank and he said he just needed the room for a new batch of fry but I was eager to take them with me so that's all he had to say for me to end up bringing them home. If you guys can help me identify the color they will end up being and let me know anything else about these fish that would be great like do they look healthy? Anything you see I might wanna watch out for? I'm Just wondering and figured you guys wouldn't mind telling me the answer also the peppering has gone away some since they have settled into their new tank and they have slightly darkened in color almost a orange gold now.

Second Hand Pat
07-26-2016, 06:01 AM
Hi Wbrecosky and welcome to Simply. :) I can only tell you it is a pigeon blood of some sort. Perhaps best to ask the breeder which strain it is.
Pat

DISCUS STU
07-26-2016, 08:43 AM
It's definitely some type of PB, the strains and mixed variations are so numerous as to be almost meaningless as far as names and types go. This might be some type of mix.

This type of PB is commonly found in many lps's and lfs's including Petco or Petsmart.

Akili
07-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Vey close looking to Yellow Marlboro

DISCUS STU
07-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Poor guy looks a little on the unhealthy side. Is this a picture from your tank or are you considering this as a purchase?

Wbrecosky
07-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Poor guy looks a little on the unhealthy side. Is this a picture from your tank or are you considering this as a purchase?

I have him in my tank but the picture is from when I first brought him home he's changed some in appearance already and he looks alittle better in my opinion. I would have posted picks of them last night but I broke the back camera on my iPhone so everything is just a giant blur

Dhavalsp
07-26-2016, 12:36 PM
some PB for sure...my guess it is red melon...probably a white faced one...but too early to tell...updated pics would help..

Wbrecosky
07-26-2016, 02:02 PM
Finally got ahold of the breeder. He sent this pic of what he said were the parents but I'm not sure if we were talking about the same fish.