PDA

View Full Version : Adding Fritz Zyme 7

scrappinjaime
07-29-2016, 09:43 PM
It came today, yea! So I won't have any fish until tomorrow, so should I add it to the tank tonight or add it right before I add fish? Thank you

DJW
07-29-2016, 10:27 PM
There are two ways to do it. If the fish are getting here tomorrow, I would add a double dose an hour or so before the fish. That gives the bacteria a chance to colonize the filter. If you will be adding a large load of fish, the filter won't be able to handle all the ammonia being produced, and you need to watch the ammonia and nitrite and do large daily water changes. Eventually the bacteria will multiply to meet the load.

You won't be doing this... but the other way is to add the bacteria and begin dosing a fishless tank with ammonia. After several days the bacteria will have grown in numbers. This way the cycle will be strong enough to eliminate all the ammonia when the fish are added.

scrappinjaime
07-29-2016, 11:33 PM
I am only adding some tetras or rummy nose and then in a few weeks I will be getting some discus from Kenny. I want to make sure the tank is set to go bacteria wise before I add the discus.