PDA

View Full Version : Red White Discus fry

magplate
08-02-2016, 10:42 AM
So I have a pair of Red White discus that have been laying eggs since December. They recently had fry that are now almost an inch in size. There were only 15 on the cone to start and 7 survived.

There appear to be 4 that are white and I assume they will be Red White's when they get bigger. Three are darker with stripes, 2 have 14 stripes and one has 9.

No real question here but it seems that there is quite a mishmash of genes in these fish. I will post pics later when I get home.

nc0gnet0
08-02-2016, 04:06 PM
So I have a pair of Red White discus that have been laying eggs since December. They recently had fry that are now almost an inch in size. There were only 15 on the cone to start and 7 survived.

There appear to be 4 that are white and I assume they will be Red White's when they get bigger. Three are darker with stripes, 2 have 14 stripes and one has 9.

No real question here but it seems that there is quite a mishmash of genes in these fish. I will post pics later when I get home.

You will get snow whites, red/whites/ and browns. This is common when pairing two red/whites. Each of your fish is heterogeneous for both the sow white and the pigeon blood gene. And at least one of them also has a SS gene (could be both).

magplate
08-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks Mud!

Like I said I will get some photos later. The white ones are very white...

magplate
08-02-2016, 09:31 PM