PDA

View Full Version : 75G planted journey

Ryan925
08-07-2016, 03:53 PM
This is a thank you to all those on this forum that have given me so many words of wisdom and helped me to feel confident in taking on this endeavor.

About a month ago I decided to minimize my plants and have noticed significant better growth and behavior in my group. I was so nervous about making the substrate change but thanks to the members here you had put my mind at ease.

Today I removed 120# of eco complete and replaced with 50# of pfs. I can't believe the difference in brightness before even filling with water.

Final layout

Poppa Ryno
08-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Lookin great!

Ryan925
08-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Lookin great!

Thanks Ryno!!

Was so nervous about this change. It has gone well so far knock on wood!! Just waiting to transfer the fish back

Poppa Ryno
08-07-2016, 05:11 PM
I was nervous my first time doing a sub change. I just siphoned it all out with a hose while tank was filled. Came out super easy and into a bucket. Lol

That wood is perfect for that tank. Nice placement

Ryan925
08-07-2016, 05:19 PM
I was nervous my first time doing a sub change. I just siphoned it all out with a hose while tank was filled. Came out super easy and into a bucket. Lol

That wood is perfect for that tank. Nice placement

Thanks!

I took all the fish out then scooped the majority out. Then I used a shop vac to vac the last bit of gravel, water and detritus

Man it's unbelievable no matter how clean you think you keep your tank, how much stuff is really in all that gravel

Ryan925
08-07-2016, 05:33 PM
All made it back safely and already ready to eat 100298

Filip
08-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Way to go Ryan . How did it went ? Did you bust your a.. Out of work a whole day or it went smooth and easy :-) ?
I'm liking your new setup and I'm sure your discus appreciate it very much.
Did you notice brighter colouration on discus after the switch ?

Good luck with your journal and let's make it a longterm success story with many updates and pics.

two utes
08-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Nicely done. :cool: It looks lots nicer in my opinion, and it will be a whole lot easier to maintain as well.

Ryan925
08-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Way to go Ryan . How did it went ? Did you bust your a.. Out of work a whole day or it went smooth and easy :-) ?
I'm liking your new setup and I'm sure your discus appreciate it very much.
Did you notice brighter colouration on discus after the switch ?

Good luck with your journal and let's make it a longterm success story with many updates and pics.

Thanks Filip I owe you a lot as your were my most active voice of reason. It actually went as smooth as I could have hoped.

As soon as tank was empty and clean, with sand added, I could instantlt notice the brightness.

I do believe the fish look brighter. The water is a tiny fuzzy right now so just waiting for it to be 100% clear. The fish are still exploring and settling I believe but I do think my leopard eruption looks much brighter. I hoping same will hold try for my Cobalt especially, but I'm sure they all will be looking better very soon.

Thanks again Filip as well as everyone else that has held me through this process.

Thanks for the kind words Joe

Kyla
08-07-2016, 08:48 PM
wow a total transformation! i love it, much brighter, the fish r gonna shine on there! and so much more open and spacious now too, looks real sharp.

Ryan925
08-07-2016, 09:16 PM
wow a total transformation! i love it, much brighter, the fish r gonna shine on there! and so much more open and spacious now too, looks real sharp.

Thank you Kyla. I am very pleased with the result. Glad I went for it