PDA

View Full Version : Help with leaving the hobby

Hbshark
08-11-2016, 07:20 PM
At this point in time I'm struggling with making time for my discus and also spending the money on them and have made the decision to leave the hobby for now. I plan to sell my fish soon but I'm holding back since I wouldn't know how to bag or prep them for someone who may come to buy does anyone know the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance

cedar
08-11-2016, 10:25 PM
al has posted some info on bagging fish for transport....sorry to hear your leaving. good luck

Altum Nut
08-11-2016, 10:35 PM
This should help and sorry for the decision to leave the hobby. Hope to have you back when the time is right... ....http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?78035-Shipping-Fish-101-A-primer&highlight=shipping

...Ralph

DanDiscus
08-11-2016, 10:45 PM
I went to pick up a discus to a house last week. And I did what any store does. Placed the discus in a plastic bag with enough water so the fish can stay vertically. Then I closed the bag allowing a bunch of air stay inside. I placed the bagged fish inside a cooler and 1 hour later was at home. I used always , for any fish (I have a reef Tank too), the big bags for storage that have a zip. They never fail and you get it in the supermarket.

Best !!!

Hbshark
08-12-2016, 12:48 AM
Thank you guys so much!! I will be back for sure when the time is right discus will always be fascinating to me!!