PDA

View Full Version : Filtrated Water and Additives

Deus
08-25-2016, 02:50 PM
I have a pretty heft water filtration\UV\Softener for my home. I have to check again but y water was a perfect 7.0. From what I understand though, these systems strip out good minerals? Will I need to add to this water to keep discus?

Thank you

pitdogg2
08-25-2016, 04:44 PM
any part of that system reverse osmosis or Deionization? The softener may also cause a problem as most remove some hardness and replace with sodium that I'm not sure about. If it is just a great big carbon block to UV then to softener you may be ok.

cedar
08-25-2016, 10:47 PM
djw know water, pm him...he has helped me a lot. :)

DJW
08-26-2016, 10:46 AM
I have one of the salt softeners, and after researching it, ended up bypassing it with a water line that goes straight to the fishroom. If its the kind where you add bags of salt, the higher your TDS, the more sodium gets added into the water.

Deus
08-26-2016, 02:52 PM
I have one of the salt softeners, and after researching it, ended up bypassing it with a water line that goes straight to the fishroom. If its the kind where you add bags of salt, the higher your TDS, the more sodium gets added into the water.

Yes, I do have a big black tank I add salt to. Those big bags. Without this system my water is pretty bad.