PDA

View Full Version : Emergency, Discus turned dark after dosing Metro

arash_civil
09-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?
I noticed white poop from one of my discus which eas not feeding and had a clamped dorsal fin. Other fish eas flashing and darting as well but no other symptoms like the sick one with white poop

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).
White poop feom only one fish, other flashing and darting

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.
I treated the tank with prazi after an 80% water change. 48 hours later I did a 40% water change, cleaned filter and media, then dosed the tank with Metro. Now minutes after dosing fish are acting odd and turned extremely dark, is this a sign of poisening? Or is this normal100830

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
3ft tank, 150L, tank is 2 month old but fully cycled. 6 discus, 8-9cm rach

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).
2times per week, 30% water change each time

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?
Bare bottom tank, 2 month old

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.
I was using a hose first but now I age my water

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp _____29c

- ph ___6.9__

- ammonia reading ___0_

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading ____below 20

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water __no__

- municipal water ___yes_

- RO water __no__

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
No

10. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.