PDA

View Full Version : RODI waste water uses.

Debow
09-04-2016, 10:53 AM
I know that this has been answered prior but after searching I am still not sure. I just set up my spectra pure RODI for my reef tank and of corse with any RODI I want to not waste my waste water. I know that you can water plants, lawn ext... But can I fill barrels and do my water change on my display tank? To start my starting TDS is 60 which is vary low, so I know that the waste water has went through a sediment filter, carbon block and is pretty clean of chemicals, it will be higher in TDS. Is this okay for adult discus and plants? I'd like to use it so I can not have to worry about the chemicals in the city water (even though I treat with safe). I just hate paying for water that is going down the drain.

LizStreithorst
09-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Sure you can. It's what I've always done.

DJW
09-04-2016, 12:56 PM
The TDS of the waste water will be 70-75... still softer than the water most of us have.

LizStreithorst
09-04-2016, 01:05 PM
What a lucky guy he is. He can breed in RO waste!

Debow
09-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Ha I was surprised but when I turned the meters on and saw I was shocked! I guess I will be buying some barrels and saving the water.

Neptune
09-06-2016, 08:01 PM
You can add another membrane and run the waster line from one to the input of the other...it will cut your waster water in half.
I run my waster water into the wash machine to fill it up for a load.