PDA

View Full Version : Discus laying eggs

melita
09-06-2016, 10:30 PM
I have been wondering if discus layering eggs every week is bad for there health . I have 6 discus in my Maine tank and 4 of them have paired up and regularly laying eggs so I have pair at each end of my 90 gallon regularly laying some get to wiggles but other fish prevent them from getting further .should I separate them .? There is some squabbling but mostly with the two that keep to middle of tank .i don't want them to get to stressed .

Keith Perkins
09-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Laying eggs weekly is just a normal healthy cycle. Whether you separate them or not is completely up to you and your desires. If you have no interest in all the work of trying to raise fry you can just let them be, they're almost always just fine.

Larry Bugg
09-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Yup, it is what they were meant to do.

melita
09-06-2016, 10:50 PM
That is good to know I don't really want to raise fry right now but would like to try in few months when I will have more time. Maybe just once .

Keith Perkins
09-07-2016, 07:52 AM
If you can tell your fish apart, remembering (or documenting if your memory is as good as mine) which fish make up your confirmed pairs is a big plus if you do want to eventually try raising a batch of fry.

melita
09-07-2016, 09:53 PM
I can till them Apart so that wont be problem .