PDA

View Full Version : Petco $1 per gallon sale is on

JEB
09-27-2016, 09:35 AM
I had a near disaster yesterday right when it was time to head out for work. I have a 14 year old 55 gallon tank that upon feeding the fish, I noticed that there was about a 3mm space between the top rim on the front of the tank and the cover in the middle of the tank. I realized that the top, middle support was still connected to the front part of the rim but part of the front top rim was tearing away from the rest. The front glass was actually bowing out when I looked from the side. I quickly lowered the tank water height in half and the top of the tank and the bow in the glass came back in. I searched for a new tank and bought one for 55 bucks. I figured I would share the story and the deal since I read some members were about to buy new tanks. I think the sale is on until November 5.

Ryan925
09-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Great timing for you. Good thing you caught it.

Just checked the sale. It's on aqueon tanks 10G-55G

RogueDiscus
09-27-2016, 03:46 PM
I wish you could get 75's this way.

Larry Bugg
09-27-2016, 06:02 PM
I wish you could get 75's this way.

Call the stores near you. I have seen some ads that show including 75's this time and someone told me some of the stores had 75's for the last sale also.

RogueDiscus
09-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Wow, thanks Larry! I'll check it out.

DJW
09-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Steve, I don't think I've ever seen a 75g at the Petsmart in Medford, but they told me last year that they can order them in.

Ryan925
09-27-2016, 07:09 PM
I bought my 75 at petsmart but def not a buck a gallon

Larry Bugg
09-27-2016, 08:07 PM
This is Petco, not Petsmart.

Larry Bugg
09-27-2016, 08:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1338703082836793&set=gm.10153970996573494&type=3&theater

Discus "R" US
09-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Hey All.

New Jersey Petco Stores are Honoring up to 75 Gallons on the Aqueon Tanks.

James

Pompadour Discus
11-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Hello everyone :) longtime lurker, newbie subscriber, first post. I have been researching and obsessing over Discus fish for over a year now, I have a small tank now, I have always in the past had 80G tanks or more, but since my big move across state lines I had to down size and I have been trying to wait until I get a permanent home before I invest in a new larger tank and new species of fish. But I just can't wait any longer.

I really really want to get started with this special for the 75G tank, but I have called 3 stores in NJ, 4 stores in ATL, 3 in OH and about 20 stores here in MI, and none of them are offering the 75G tanks, it doesn't say it in their ads either I looked them all up can anyone give me a specific store they definitely know is selling it, please. And don't worry about travel or delivery I have that covered it won't cost me a thing I just need a location. I am going to try their 800 number in the morning but would be great if anyone on here knew as well. Thanks!!

camthi609
11-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Ahh, the fine prints...... Not valid in Hawaii or Alaska. Darn it!

Larry Bugg
11-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Hello everyone :) longtime lurker, newbie subscriber, first post. I have been researching and obsessing over Discus fish for over a year now, I have a small tank now, I have always in the past had 80G tanks or more, but since my big move across state lines I had to down size and I have been trying to wait until I get a permanent home before I invest in a new larger tank and new species of fish. But I just can't wait any longer.

I really really want to get started with this special for the 75G tank, but I have called 3 stores in NJ, 4 stores in ATL, 3 in OH and about 20 stores here in MI, and none of them are offering the 75G tanks, it doesn't say it in their ads either I looked them all up can anyone give me a specific store they definitely know is selling it, please. And don't worry about travel or delivery I have that covered it won't cost me a thing I just need a location. I am going to try their 800 number in the morning but would be great if anyone on here knew as well. Thanks!!

I called about 6 stores in Atlanta area. I ended up finding 4 at the store in Duluth, Ga. I was looking for 4 so I stopped calling when I found them. One other store that I called carried 75's and I'm pretty sure it was the Snellville, Ga. store. There are about 20 stores in the Atlanta area so there are about 14 that I didn't call.

Ryan925
11-02-2016, 11:49 PM
I called about 6 stores in Atlanta area. I ended up finding 4 at the store in Duluth, Ga. I was looking for 4 so I stopped calling when I found them. One other store that I called carried 75's and I'm pretty sure it was the Snellville, Ga. store. There are about 20 stores in the Atlanta area so there are about 14 that I didn't call.

The add says for tanks 55G and under. Are they offering the deal for 75s? I just bought a 40 breeder for my planned sump build. Paying $40 for it I saved $80. Was a great deal

Larry Bugg
11-03-2016, 09:03 AM
The add says for tanks 55G and under. Are they offering the deal for 75s? I just bought a 40 breeder for my planned sump build. Paying $40 for it I saved $80. Was a great deal

There are several different ads out there. They only carry 75's in a limited number of stores. Those that carry 75's have them at the $1 a gallon price. I posted one of the ads in post #9 above that shows the sale including 75's in select stores.

Ryan925
11-03-2016, 09:04 AM
There are several different ads out there. They only carry 75's in a limited number of stores. Those that carry 75's have them at the $1 a gallon price. I posted one of the ads in post #9 above that shows the sale including 75's in select stores.

Ah missed that. Thanks Larry. Now that's a heck of a deal

pitdogg2
11-03-2016, 10:07 AM
I wished my store carried 75's I'd have two new ones...

Ryan925
11-03-2016, 12:15 PM
I wished my store carried 75's I'd have two new ones...

+1 to that!

Pompadour Discus
11-04-2016, 11:25 AM

Thanks! I might not be able to get there in time to get the tank I have to work today and tomorrow and sale is off tomorrow :( I tried calling more stores near me no one even stocks the 75's oh well it wasn't meant to be going to have to wait for the next sale.

Pompadour Discus
11-04-2016, 02:45 PM
🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌😆😆😆😆😆😊😊😊 SO ECSTATIC RIGHT NOW!!! YAY! I found a store with only one left and ran there and had just enough time to make it to work on time :) I got a list of all the stores in Michigan and literally just started calling all of them even if I had already called. And I found one store with one and it was only 20 min away!! Can't believe it! I finally have a 75 gallon and in a few weeks Discus BABY!! I'm just so happy right now, thank you all I would have never been able to afford a tank this soon without this post! Thank you so much for sharing💜💜

atlantadiscus
11-05-2016, 11:20 PM
I hear petsmart will be having great deals on black friday.......125 tank and stand for $300,and others too!

pitdogg2
11-06-2016, 12:03 PM
I hear petsmart will be having great deals on black friday.......125 tank and stand for $300,and others too!

The only problem with PetSmart is you cannot buy large aquariums without a stand. Most of the stands they sell worry me. They do have some decent prices but I'd rather have the ability to get a few dollars off buying without a stand.

Ryan925
11-06-2016, 01:10 PM
The only problem with PetSmart is you cannot buy large aquariums without a stand. Most of the stands they sell worry me. They do have some decent prices but I'd rather have the ability to get a few dollars off buying without a stand.

Hate the style of the new stands too. They all have that open shelf look to them.

I am currently in the process of designing a new stand and sump for my 75 and scrapping the one that I got from petsmart