PDA

View Full Version : Is this a blue diamond or a neon sapphire?

Pices
10-06-2016, 09:35 PM
getting ready to replace the fish I lost through shipping problem. I had ordered a Blue Diamond with deep blue gene and a neon sapphire. Here's a pic of the survivor, but I'm not sure which one he is. I'm reordering very soon so if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it!

Ryan925
10-06-2016, 09:40 PM
getting ready to replace the fish I lost through shipping problem. I had ordered a Cobalt Blue with deep blue gene and a neon sapphire. Here's a pic of the survivor, but I'm not sure which one he is. I'm reordering very soon so if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it!

Your description says BD or neon sapphire but your description says cobalt or neon sapphire.

I believe Kenny sells the BD with deep blue gene but not sure about cobalt.

If I'm not mistaken BD should have a red eye?

LizStreithorst
10-06-2016, 09:51 PM
It looks more like a BD than a Cobalt to me.

Pices
10-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Sorry! I meant BD not cobalt.

Ryan925
10-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Tough to tell. It looks like maybe a tiny bit of iridescence near the anal fin. Could be the neon? Maybe brighter light would tell you

Pices
10-06-2016, 09:58 PM
I was able to edit out my mistake. So you think it's a blue diamond? The one that was DOA had a bright blue nose and I thought it was a neon so I guess I'm reordering a neon! I've been looking at so many blue fish tonight my eyes are crossed! I should've come here first!

Pices
10-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Ryan, I look at pics of NS and think it's a NS. Then I look at BD pics and think it's a BD!

Ryan925
10-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Ryan, I look at pics of NS and think it's a NS. Then I look at BD pics and think it's a BD!

Lol they are pretty similar. Oh well either way you will get a beautiful blue fish. The two blues so have from Kenny get more beautiful everyday.

Before my substrate change my cobalt showed black bars now his bars and blue

Phillydubs
10-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Did you reach out to Kenny...? If anyone will know it's him and that is your best bet. Or simply order off pics from his new shipment so you get exactly what you want.

Pices
10-06-2016, 10:44 PM
My husband downloaded some oils from my phone so I think I will do that Phil. You're an idea guy! Thanks
Ryan you got a TC and what other blue? I'm getting a CB so they have been on my mind...

Ryan925
10-06-2016, 10:54 PM
My husband downloaded some oils from my phone so I think I will do that Phil. You're an idea guy! Thanks
Ryan you got a TC and what other blue? I'm getting a CB so they have been on my mind...

I have a cobalt and a BSS/blue scorpion cross

Pices
10-07-2016, 12:31 AM
Oooh la la! Definitely want a cobalt now! The BS is a real beauty too! Thanks for posting��

Pices
10-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Well I sent some pics (not oils ) to Kenny and he confirmed I have a BD. No big deal but I would have always wondered, especially if I ended up with two of the same fish! I'll post pics when I get my new babies-it'll be interesting to see them side by side. Thanks again for your fast responses-you guys are so awesome!

Pices
10-07-2016, 09:37 AM
This is probably a stupid question, but does the word "cross" mean wild cross? Does a BS cross have some wild in it?

pitdogg2
10-07-2016, 10:19 AM
does the word "cross" mean wild cross? Does a BS cross have some wild in it?

not necessarily if it stated Blue snake cross with wild heckle then yes. It also may be that they crossed with another to highlight a certain something in the offspring.

it would be helpful if you could give a better example of the cross you are referring to. Some crosses are to enhance colors/fin or shape and have nothing to do with being wild.

Pices
10-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Thanks Pitdogg 2. I was referring to Ryan's pic above and looking at calico cross, alenquer cross in Kenny's list.

Ryan925
10-07-2016, 11:12 AM
This is probably a stupid question, but does the word "cross" mean wild cross? Does a BS cross have some wild in it?

Hey Patty. Meant it is a BSS crossed with a blue scorpion

Phillydubs
10-08-2016, 05:28 AM
Right pit gave you a great definition. A cross is simply that. One strain bred with another therefore crossing the genes of the two.

What did you order from Kenny ?!?!? Going to keep us hanging like that? Sooo not cool

Pices
10-08-2016, 06:40 AM
I ordered a B Sappire, Snow White, & a BC . I guess I have a thing for the Blues & only 1 in the tank now. Love those Altums & Gold Carnation Turk Snakeskins too. I may have to call him back today and add them since I can't stop thinking about the ones that got away. I would be at my limit for the 125 with 12 to grow up in the 75. Could I grow up 12 in a 75? Did you notice that I ask YOU this question-an admitted over stocker? Lol!

Pices
10-08-2016, 06:59 AM
I may need an intervention guys..... I'm holding back till I get an all clear from the experts here. Would this mean 80% WC on the 125 gal daily? Sounds daunting if that would be the regime for an extended period. I want quality over quantity, but get carried away with these fish!

Pices
10-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Never mind...sold out....

Filip
10-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I may need an intervention guys..... I'm holding back till I get an all clear from the experts here. Would this mean 80% WC on the 125 gal daily? Sounds daunting if that would be the regime for an extended period. I want quality over quantity, but get carried away with these fish!

I think you are allright with the numbers Patty .
Starting with more is better option IMO because you can filter the stunts, runts , oddly shaped or washed out colour discus along the way to end up with quallity batch of i.e. 8 discus for the long run .
Eager to see your babies .

Ryan925
10-09-2016, 04:01 PM
I ordered a B Sappire, Snow White, & a BC . I guess I have a thing for the Blues & only 1 in the tank now. Love those Altums & Gold Carnation Turk Snakeskins too. I may have to call him back today and add them since I can't stop thinking about the ones that got away. I would be at my limit for the 125 with 12 to grow up in the 75. Could I grow up 12 in a 75? Did you notice that I ask YOU this question-an admitted over stocker? Lol!

I also ordered a neon sapphire and an alenquer. Just couldn't help it

Phillydubs
10-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Sorry Patty I missed this... I think you are fine but you need to stay on top of things

Pices
10-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Ryan,
We'll have siblings from the same batch! I wanted to go to 12, but Kenny was sold out. That's okay though, I'll wait. I know it won't be too long till I see something else I can't resist. Will you have to quarantine you new little ones?

Pices
10-09-2016, 07:20 PM
It's okay Phil. I'll be able to see next months shipment and not have to go through Discus DDT's LOL!