PDA

View Full Version : Discus Stocking

Fishes
10-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Would it be okay if I added about three 3-4 inch discus to a tank with a discus that is maybe about 5 inches? I had it with another discus but it randomly died from something that still no one was able to answer it for. My biology teacher is helping me contact a Marine Biologist though. But the reason I ask this about stocking is because I know that if it was a big one and a smaller one then the smaller one would be picked on pretty bad, I'm just wondering how it would work if there were three or four.

Willie
10-13-2016, 04:24 PM
It all depends on if you plan to quarantine.

Willie

Fishes
10-13-2016, 05:20 PM
why does that matter

Willie
10-13-2016, 06:26 PM
If you don't quarantine, there's a good chance of disease transfer. I suggest you get the fundamentals right first.

Willie

Filip
10-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Would it be okay if I added about three 3-4 inch discus to a tank with a discus that is maybe about 5 inches? I had it with another discus but it randomly died from something that still no one was able to answer it for. My biology teacher is helping me contact a Marine Biologist though. But the reason I ask this about stocking is because I know that if it was a big one and a smaller one then the smaller one would be picked on pretty bad, I'm just wondering how it would work if there were three or four.

That's why its strongly advised not to keep discus in numbers less than 6 . Consider buying more and do a proper quarantine procedure as advised above .