PDA

View Full Version : bleach was put in fish bucket by mistake, would you still use it afterwards?

james_uk
11-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Dont anyone worry, the bucket wasnt then used to do a clean, it was for something else, we then told the person we use that bucket for fish cleans lol

anyway my girlfriends a little worried now and i said if we give it a good few rinses im sure it will be fine to use but thought i'd ask.

what do you think, shall i just buy a new bucket or will that one be fine if its been rinses a good few times?

Thanks

James

Clawhammer
11-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Hi James, it will be fine, just disinfected. Make sure you don't smell anymore bleach and you will be good to go. Fill it with water and add extra dechlorinator if you want to be sure 120% sure.

Filip
11-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Agree with Eric, James .
Just rinse it good and let it dry , and it will be good to use it again. Many of us here put bleach in our tanks and buckets for sterilizing purposes , so don't worry .

DISCUS STU
11-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Agree.

rickztahone
11-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Once bleach air dries, you are fine so long as you rinsed it well prior.

Jason.M
11-03-2016, 07:53 AM
I'm on well water and add bleach to my 55 gallon aging barrel every couple or few water changes to keep nasties from growing in it between good cleanings. A shot of prime in the barrel before pumping into the tank and I have had no issues.